no internet

OnlyMe

I have tried here before without any real success, my problem is that my
modem is working OK and Netcomm tell me that the drivers that came with the
modem will work,I can connect to the internet thru my ISP (server) shows as
(local and internet connection) but shortly after connection and trying to
access the browser I lose the connection from my server to the internet,have
been in touch with my ISP and he thinks it may be modem or drivers,so I
fitted an external web excel ext modem and had the same problem,so its not
the modem etc,I am using XP at the moment with mo problems at all, has
anyone a clue that could help me with this infuriating mess, even some way
of testing like pinging and how to use_________thanks

With kind regards From WillofAustralia

"OnlyMe" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I have tried here before without any real success, my problem is that my
modem is working OK and Netcomm tell me that the drivers that came with the
modem will work,I can connect to the internet thru my ISP (server) shows as
(local and internet connection) but shortly after connection and trying to
access the browser I lose the connection from my server to the
internet,have been in touch with my ISP and he thinks it may be modem or
drivers,so I fitted an external web excel ext modem and had the same
problem,so its not the modem etc,I am using XP at the moment with mo
problems at all, has anyone a clue that could help me with this infuriating
mess, even some way of testing like pinging and how to use_________thanks

With kind regards From WillofAustralia

If they claim the same drivers work for both XP and Vista, then they
probably have not tested them thoroughly enough. Tell them it works great in
XP but not Vista, so they are *not* Vista drivers, and insist they either
get Vista drivers for you or provide a FREE replacement modem that really is
Vista compatible. You'll probably get new Vista drivers much sooner.