No full screen DOS programs using RC1

No full screen DOS programs using RC1.
Using a Nvidia Geoforce FX5200 adapter.
Is full screen supported in the final release or is this
issue perhaps limited to my configuration?

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Confirmed, you cannot resize, but you can try using, Windows Sizing from
under the Layout tab.

You are sure about no full screen wth final release of Vista?
Another post says that CMD can be used in a full screen.
Didn't get that to work either. If no more full screen I'm in big trouble.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Yes, I am running Vista Home Basic x64 RC2 beside me right here.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

32-Bit and 64-Bit Vista all have the same features except for subtle
differences such as 64-bit Vista requiring signed drivers, no compatibility
with Win16 apps and 32-bit device drivers.

That can't be right. I'm running a DOS app using RC1 32-bit.
Has anyone tested RC2 32-bit with a DOS app to see if it can run in full
screen?

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

I responded to your post about full screen, check out the Full screen issue.

As for DOS apps running on RC1 32-Bit, I did not say it could not run DOS
apps, please note the difference between, 32-bit device driver (hardware)
and 32-bit application (Win32).

Vista and XP Professional x64 requires that hard drivers be written as
64-bit because they interact with the kernel which is 64-bit.

Okay, I see that DOS 16-bit still runs on 32-bit Vista.
Still not sure if the last release of Vista will support full screen in the
32-bit version.
Do you also have the last release of Vista for 32-bit?

Hi guys:
This is what I did in order to have a bigger window.
Not full screen, but close enough.
Open a cmd window.
Click on the upper left corner and choose Defaults.
Go to the layout tab and replace the 80's in width with 132.
Click Ok and close the cmd window.
Open the cmd window again and it will cover al your screen though in a
windowed fashion.
Carlos

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Have to re-install Vista (won't load on second partition now for some reason.)
Mike

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

And I recommended earlier in this thread:
Re: No full screen DOS programs using RC1 Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]
03/11/2006 06:48 PM 2KB

Kevin John Panzke

There is no DOS in Windows Vista, Just FYI.

It has been replaced by Windows Power Shell, Originally Known as Windows
Code Name Monad, Just FYI.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
I think this is a limitation of the WDDM video driver stack as well as
limitation for X64.
If you use a XDDM driver you may be able to get full screen again.
For example boot to Safe Mode and try it with the default video driver.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZVBvc3RpbmdIZXJl?=
<[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: No full screen DOS programs using RC1
<Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:52:01 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
<Is that a 64-bit version?
<If so, need to know about the 32-bit version.
<
<"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
<
<> Yes, I am running Vista Home Basic x64 RC2 beside me right here.
<> --
<> Andre
<> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
<> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
<> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
<> message <> > Did you test with RC2?
<> >
<> > "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
<> >
<> >> Confirmed, you cannot resize, but you can try using, Windows Sizing
from
<> >> under the Layout tab.
<> >> --
<> >> Andre
<> >> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
<> >> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
<> >> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
<> >> message <> >> > XP supported full screen using CMD at using DOS programs.
<> >> >
<> >> > "MikePostingHere" wrote:
<> >> >
<> >> >> This is absolutely awful news.
<> >> >> Thank for letting me know.
<> >> >>
<> >> >>
<> >> >> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
<> >> >>
<> >> >> > Normal, you can't full screen either in XP CMD.
<> >> >> > --
<> >> >> > Andre
<> >> >> > Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
<> >> >> > My Vista Quickstart Guide:
<> >> >> >
http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
<> >> >> > "MikePostingHere" <[email protected]>
wrote
<> >> >> > in
<> >> >> > message
<> >> >> > > No full screen DOS programs using RC1.
<> >> >> > > Using a Nvidia Geoforce FX5200 adapter.
<> >> >> > > Is full screen supported in the final release or is this
<> >> >> > > issue perhaps limited to my configuration?
<> >> >> > >
<> >> >> >
<> >> >> >
<> >> >> >
<> >>
<> >>
<> >>
<>
<>
<>
<

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Still don't get the full screen Darrell, running Vista Basic x64 - Geforce
FX 5200 128 MB AGP WDDM driver. The strange thing, when I browsed the
contents of my directory, then clicked the title bar CMD icon > clicked
Defaults, the Full Screen Option was displayed, but did not work.
--
"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
I think this is a limitation of the WDDM video driver stack as well as
limitation for X64.
If you use a XDDM driver you may be able to get full screen again.
For example boot to Safe Mode and try it with the default video driver.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZVBvc3RpbmdIZXJl?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:52:01 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
[...]
in
<> >> message <> >> > XP supported full screen using CMD at using DOS programs.
<> >> >
<> >> >