No cd or dvd burner detected.

I receive a dialogue of no cd or dvd burner detected when I attempt to burn a
cd using Windows Media Player 10. I have tried to refresh the drive by using
F5; however, that does not work. Please help!!!!!!!!

I am using XP Pro.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Karl

Have you tryed using a different disc. I had that problem when I tryed
opening a disc I had burned. Apparently, for whatever reasons, the disc had
gotten damaged. It allowed me to burn new media to it, but I couldn't access
the files that were previously on there.

DB

I had a similar problem a while ago.........basically the cd drive was
installed but windows wouldnt let me access it...

Here's how i solved it (with help from people in the Newsgroups must add )

Goto Control Panel

Double click on the SYSTEM icon

DEVICE MANAGER

Then select IDE/ATAPI CONTROLLERS (this might display your cd drive)

RIGHT CLICK on the PRIMARY IDE CHANNEL, from the Menu choose..."UNINSTALL"..

You will get a warning that you are about to uninstall this device from the
system,select OK

REBOOT your PC and windows will detect that you have NEW HARDWARE....and
your problem should be solved.

I must add this worked for me, and the other people that have had problems
similar and also a couple of colleagues at work sorted their PCs out with
this method.

It can also be used if your PC is refusing to use DMA ACCESS when copying
cds and dvds.

If your cd writer is on the second IDE chanel then do the same method for
that one too.

Good Luck

DB :)

melvin cotterill

Hello;
What is the model number of your DVD/CD player? Not all will function with
Media 10 player in XP. I have found that reading, writing, burning ripping
and playing DVD's/CD's is somewhat of a "black art" that is obscure to the
ordinary bloke like myself. If the advice you received, so far, failed to
help, please post back. I am using XP pro and a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR 107D , CD
ROM drive. I finally got it working properly with lots of help from this
Newsgroup. I hope this helps some.

Alex Nichol

blaqfury19 said:
I receive a dialogue of no cd or dvd burner detected when I attempt to burn a
cd using Windows Media Player 10. I have tried to refresh the drive by using
F5; however, that does not work.

My Computer, right click the drive, Properties - Recording page and
check 'Enable Recording'. That often gets turned off by installing
third party burning software, but needs to be on for WMP to work