No body help on error "hpwirelessmgr" in post "Windows doesn't load"?

Jonathan Zhuang

Origianl:
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=1

In addition, here are the postings from HP/COMPAQ support (still not
solved):
"after logon, error message pops up:
"hpwirelessmge module encountered probelm."
I clicked "don't send" then it got stuck."

-posted by jonathanzhuang on 7/15/2003

KarthikeyanR on 7/16/2003 answered:
"To solve this, disable the error reporting feature in Windows XP. You
may switch off the Error Reporting feature by following these steps:

1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
2. Double- click the System icon.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Click the Error Reporting button.
5. Select the "Disable error reporting" option and the "But notify
me when critical error occurs" checkbox.
6. Click OK."

jonathanzhuang on 7/16/2003 commented:
"Thanks for help. However, since the OS can't start, it's not
available. Also, the safe mode is not working and only shows blank
screen.
Interestingly, it can run some programs, from TASK MANAGER -> NEW TASK
-> BROWSE, even 'cmd' (DOS wibndow) can be run.

It there any chance I can run a fix program? I tried chkdsk, but no
better. I won't run the restore program.

Some similar postings
==============================
Message 1 in thread
From: Arthur ([email protected])
Subject: Windows doesn't load

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: 2003-06-02 16:48:29 PST

Hi!, I haven't seen something like this, if you have
please comment..

I need help on this:

Computer: HP Pavilion ze4123.
OS : Windows XP Home.

Problem: The computer starts normaly, shows the logon
screen, after login it shows an error
message: "HPWirelessMgr Module has detected a problem and
it has to be closed" and that's all!, you close the
dialog and all you have is a nice wallpaper, the computer
isn't frozen because I can get the Task Manager even run
from there notepad, regedit, etc. (not explorer if you
think so).

What can I do?!, I wouldn't like to reinstall everything
if that's possible, One of mi questions is why WinXP
stops there and not continue doing the next lines ( I
supose) or just put a message of you have to do "this"...

Thank's in advance...
==============================
author subject: Windows startup will not complete on my ZE4111S
Martin Hancock

May 21, 2003 08:24 AM GMT

Following a normal close down of my laptop (Windows XP-Home) on
restart the next day - IT DID NOT FINISH. Firstly, very slow, come up
with a message relating to a failure on the HPnetwrkmgr with an option
to email a report - ( which worked ) and then displayst the wallpaper
and nothing else. The system will hibernate and wakeup normally but
still no desktop displayed. Startup with F2 (F10?) and select safe
mode - just left with a blank screen. Any suggestions please before
reverting to disk rebuild. (Safe mode with commands allows me to see
my data - can I copy this to the CDRW drive?)
Many thanks in advance."

bmathew on 7/17/2003 answered:
"What are the devices connected to the computer?

If you have any wireless devices, remove them from the range and try
booting the computer."

This answer has not yet been rated.

jonathanzhuang on 7/18/2003 commented:
"I removed the wireless card and reboot: same results, both normal
boot or safe mode.

One bit better: after safe mode boot it will let me log in and ask me
whether safe mode or resotre? But either choice does not work."

Jonathan Zhuang

OK since no help I had to reinstall by wiping out everything. That concludes.