no audio

G

Following a windows update on medion laptop computer subsequently got blue screen(s) of death ----PFN list corrupt ---and IRQ not less nor equal--- and also messages about physical memory dump, system recovering from serious error !!!! Help ---I am a complete beginner to computers but after several weekends of messing about ,searches on internet, reading help stuff---don't ask me how but I have somehow managed to get the computer to start up properly with no blue screens. Only problem is there is no sound. The computer manual tells me I have an onboard sound card---integrated stereo with 16 bit and 3d spatial effects (whatever that means) compatible with Soundblaster and Microsoft Sound system version 2. Looking through device manager it tells me I've got no audio device and I've got a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek AC 97 audio and a message under device properties that says this device can not start (code 10 ) plus some other info that says PCI bus 0 device 2 function 7 whatever that means. I've done all the bit as advised in the help such as uninstalling,reinstalling, updating drivers but still get same result. would appreciate any help/advice, regards

G

i have an compaq evo d300 that is having the same problem, i have done all
the things you have plus some, the last thing i know to do is flash a new
bios, i am going to try that now,if you found out the fix to your problem
please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed) or anyone else,thanks.

acr said:
Following a windows update on medion laptop computer subsequently got blue screen(s) of death ----PFN list corrupt ---and IRQ not less nor equal--- and also messages about physical memory dump, system recovering from serious error !!!! Help ---I am a complete beginner to computers but after several weekends of messing about ,searches on internet, reading help stuff---don't ask me how but I have somehow managed to get the computer to start up properly with no blue screens. Only problem is there is no sound. The computer manual tells me I have an onboard sound card---integrated stereo with 16 bit and 3d spatial effects (whatever that means) compatible with Soundblaster and Microsoft Sound system version 2. Looking through device manager it tells me I've got no audio device and I've got a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek AC 97 audio and a message under device properties that says this device can not start (code 10 ) plus some other info that says PCI bus 0 device 2 function
7 whatever that means. I've done all the bit as advised in the help such as uninstalling,reinstalling, updating drivers but still get same result. would appreciate any help/advice, regards

G

any chance you can let me know what the "plus some" was ?

zoomerduck said:
i have an compaq evo d300 that is having the same problem, i have done all
the things you have plus some, the last thing i know to do is flash a new
bios, i am going to try that now,if you found out the fix to your problem
please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed) or anyone else,thanks.

acr said:
Following a windows update on medion laptop computer subsequently got blue screen(s) of death ----PFN list corrupt ---and IRQ not less nor equal--- and also messages about physical memory dump, system recovering from serious error !!!! Help ---I am a complete beginner to computers but after several weekends of messing about ,searches on internet, reading help stuff---don't ask me how but I have somehow managed to get the computer to start up properly with no blue screens. Only problem is there is no sound. The computer manual tells me I have an onboard sound card---integrated stereo with 16 bit and 3d spatial effects (whatever that means) compatible with Soundblaster and Microsoft Sound system version 2. Looking through device manager it tells me I've got no audio device and I've got a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek AC 97 audio and a message under device properties that says this device can not start (code 10 ) plus some other info that says PCI bus 0 device 2
function
7 whatever that means. I've done all the bit as advised in the help such as uninstalling,reinstalling, updating drivers but still get same result. would appreciate any help/advice, regards

G

acr said:
Following a windows update on medion laptop computer subsequently got blue screen(s) of death ----PFN list corrupt ---and IRQ not less nor equal--- and also messages about physical memory dump, system recovering from serious error !!!! Help ---I am a complete beginner to computers but after several weekends of messing about ,searches on internet, reading help stuff---don't ask me how but I have somehow managed to get the computer to start up properly with no blue screens. Only problem is there is no sound. The computer manual tells me I have an onboard sound card---integrated stereo with 16 bit and 3d spatial effects (whatever that means) compatible with Soundblaster and Microsoft Sound system version 2. Looking through device manager it tells me I've got no audio device and I've got a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek AC 97 audio and a message under device properties that says this device can not start (code 10 ) plus some other info that says PCI bus 0 device 2 function

Ask a Question