Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3


R

R420

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

_______________________________________________________________________________

Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET

MORE

TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
usually held in May.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
video games.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Dave Orton (ATI's main man) said a year or so ago that they'd have to
be ready by 2005, referring to the graphics processor for next-gen
consoles, including Nintendo's. Obviously Nintendo isn't going to
*release* their new console next year, just *maybe* show it at E3
2005. release will happen in 2006 around the time of PS3. The
Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
like the N64 and SNES did.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

master cheif will shoot mario in the head

R420 said:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

____________________________________________________________________________
___

Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET

MORE

TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
usually held in May.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
video games.

nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.
 
C

cj's place

Me: Yeah, but a litter box doesn't run up to you and want you to pet it.
master cheif will shoot mario in the head said:
____________________________________________________________________________

nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.
Don't cry Jess, we know this is eating you up.
 
A

Andrew Murray

R420 said:
Dave Orton (ATI's main man) said a year or so ago that they'd have to
be ready by 2005, referring to the graphics processor for next-gen
consoles, including Nintendo's. Obviously Nintendo isn't going to
*release* their new console next year, just *maybe* show it at E3
2005. release will happen in 2006 around the time of PS3. The
Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
like the N64 and SNES did.

At least Big N are starting to learn from Sony's hype machine and finally
doing it themselves!
 
C

Chogaire

master cheif will shoot mario in the head said:
____________________________________________________________________________

nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.

Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony is the
single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even cooked your
breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are even
more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it is only
petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.
 
N

Nekofrog

At least Big N are starting to learn from Sony's hype machine and finally
doing it themselves!

No one will ever reach the hype that the PS2 received, except for Sony
with the PS3.

"The PS2 will be able to read your mind and the AI will act
accordingly..."

"The PS2 will be fully sex-capable.."
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

conker OWNS mario

Chogaire said:
message news:[email protected]
____________________________________________________________________________

Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony is the
single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even cooked your
breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are even
more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it is only
petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.

please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is a
MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.

owned
 
C

conker OWNS mario

Nekofrog said:
No one will ever reach the hype that the PS2 received, except for Sony
with the PS3.

"The PS2 will be able to read your mind and the AI will act
accordingly..."

"The PS2 will be fully sex-capable.."

where did you get those quotes from? your ass?

now lets get to the real point, calling a console a "gaming revolution" is
much bigger then saying they can create "toy-story like graphics". Even sony
and microsoft are not that ignorant with their "Cell" and "XNA" hype.
 
E

El Guapo

conker OWNS mario said:
____________________________________________________________________________

please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is a
MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.

No, it really isn't.
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

conker OWNS mario

El Guapo said:
____________________________________________________________________________

No, it really isn't.

it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
hahahaahhahahahahahaha
 
N

Nekofrog

where did you get those quotes from? your ass?

now lets get to the real point, calling a console a "gaming revolution" is
much bigger then saying they can create "toy-story like graphics". Even sony
and microsoft are not that ignorant with their "Cell" and "XNA" hype.

I was exagerating quotes that came directly from Sony, moron. Anyone
who was around for the pre-PS2 release hype would know that, based on
everything Sony said about it.
 
J

Jonathan

Andrew Murray said:
At least Big N are starting to learn from Sony's hype machine and finally
doing it themselves!

Yes. I have been saying it for a long time. Nintendo need to hype hype hype.
Previously Nintendo has actually been known to DOWNPLAY their
techonology....
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

Chris F

where did you get those quotes from? your ass?

now lets get to the real point, calling a console a "gaming revolution" is
much bigger then saying they can create "toy-story like graphics". Even sony
and microsoft are not that ignorant with their "Cell" and "XNA" hype.
have you forgotten all the dross about the "emotion engine"? and how
"games will never be the same again" and "welcome to the third place"?

well **** me if they werent all a bigger load of bullshit than saying
the words "gaming revolution".

Sony bleated on about the PS2 being the gaming equivalent of a
Ferrari.

instead, it turned out rather more like a Vauxhall Vectra.
 
E

El Guapo

Nekofrog said:
I was exagerating quotes that came directly from Sony, moron. Anyone
who was around for the pre-PS2 release hype would know that, based on
everything Sony said about it.

The child was still in diapers back then, so you'll have to forgive him for
not knowing that.
 
Ad

Advertisements

E

El Guapo

conker OWNS mario said:
____________________________________________________________________________ like

it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
hahahaahhahahahahahaha

Damn kids. When does summer school begin?
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top