NFS: Carbon

zetex

First day with my Vista, after having a little fun with World of Warcraft, I
installed my recently bought NFS:C, but to my amazment, it installed but
failed to run.

On thought it might need a patch, a trip to EA, downloaded the 1.3 patch,
wacked it on, again after the EA logo it quits the program and Vista
reported the program is not working and the same advice to solve the problem
and close or just close. Well worth a try I thought, I clicked on the Solve
problem button but no luck. Anyone have the same problem? or is it just me.

My PC spec is rated 4.2, and I think it's half decent enought to run NFS:C,
can anyone shed some light on the matter?

Ken

You can do either one of two things. 1st is that you can rename the movies
dir to something else. This means you wont see some movies. Or you can set
the exe to win98me compatability mode.

Ken

zetex

thanx for the great tip, both works. now i'm really confused, so what is
wrong with it? if codec wise, shouldn't it perform the same under anything
window?

i mean i've even tried running it under Win XP compatability mode and it
wouldn't work.