newsreader

Zeus

I'm switching over from OE to Outlook, am I going to be
able to use Outlook as my newsgroup reader as I did in OE?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Outlook uses OE as the newsreader.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook uses OE as its news reader.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

| I'm switching over from OE to Outlook, am I going to be
| able to use Outlook as my newsgroup reader as I did in OE?

Ernest Maw

Sorry, reading through the news groups (trying to learn) and saw this
post. Is there a way to configure my Outlook 2003 to access this news
group? I've always used my browser since I did not know this was possible.

Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You need to configure OE to access it.

The newsgroup server is msnews.microsoft.com and you don't need a username
or password. If you only want to open OE with News (not mail) available you
can either create a shortcut using /newsonly or /outnews switches or add the
Go, News command to Outlook's toolbar. (See help for instructions.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Alexander Gorlach

Hi Ernest,

You should use Outlook Express or you should by 3rd party software for
Microsoft Outlook; e.g. our product MAPILab NNTP for Outlook allows read
and post to newsgroups in Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002/XP, 2003 (if you
are not very familiar with Outlook, our Flash demo [available online]
help you to install and configure MAPILab NNTP step-by-step):

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/nntp/

You can also find two other 3rd party solutions for this issue at
http://www.slipstick.com/