Newsgroups

Wannabe Cowboy

How do I erase all the messages under a Newsgroup after I read them, so the
next time I log in, Ill see a new list of messages? I know how to do it in
Win XP, but Im usingn Vista on a notebook now. Thanks

--
This Email is From:

DOUG YARNOLD
(e-mail address removed)
SASS #63314

mac

Wannabe Cowboy said:
How do I erase all the messages under a Newsgroup after I read them, so
the next time I log in, Ill see a new list of messages? I know how to do
it in Win XP, but Im usingn Vista on a notebook now. Thanks

--
This Email is From:

DOUG YARNOLD
(e-mail address removed)
SASS #63314

Never used it but try the Maintenance button on the Advanced Tab of
Tools>Options, purge news etc?

Wannabe Cowboy said:
How do I erase all the messages under a Newsgroup after I read them, so
the next time I log in, Ill see a new list of messages? I know how to do
it in Win XP, but Im usingn Vista on a notebook now. Thanks

--
This Email is From:

DOUG YARNOLD
(e-mail address removed)
SASS #63314
Does it help to click on that newsgroup, then View, then Current View,
then Hide Read Messages?

Michael J. Strickland

Wannabe Cowboy said:
How do I erase all the messages under a Newsgroup after I read them,
so the next time I log in, Ill see a new list of messages? I know how
to do it in Win XP, but Im usingn Vista on a notebook now. Thanks

--
This Email is From:

DOUG YARNOLD
(e-mail address removed)
SASS #63314

For each Newsgroup, click View -> Current View and select "Hide Read or
Ignored Messages".

Then after reading all the new messages in a group: Edit-> "Mark All
Read".

Then when you open the newsgroup later, only new messages will apear.

You can hit F5 to refresh the header list (to remove the read message
headers).

If you want to view earlier messages (than the ones you've read), click:
Tools-> "Get next [200] Headers" and it will retrieve the previous 200
(or whatever your message chunk size is set to) headers.

You can put buttons on your toolbar to expedite this
(i.e. "Mark All" & "Headers")