newsgroups within outlook

jp

do i need to configure something in my outlook? when i select goto news, it
opens up outlook express and i get to the newsgroups via express... is there
a way to add this to my regular outlook?
FYI i am using outlook 2000

Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

No, Outlook doesn't support Newsgroup reading natively. You'll have to use
Outlook Express for that, unless you have an Exchange server and want to go
thru the hassle of configuring NNTP.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo!

Vanguard

Outlook is a component of the Office suite of products and is oriented
towards business use. Outlook Express is a component of Internet
Explorer and is oriented towards personal use (hence it is free).
Outlook is a PIM (personal information manager) that has e-mail
functionality. Newsgroups do not fit within the typical business
environment. You will need to use Outlook Express or whatever
newsreader client is designated as the default NNTP (network news
transfer protocol) client to access newsgroups.