Newsgroups in Outlook?

MikeH

I'd like to access newsgroups (like this one) through the NNTP protocol
but haven't found out how to do that with Outlook 2007. Can it be done?

Roady [MVP]

Only via a 3rd party add-in such as NNTP for Outlook from MAPILab;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_nntp
If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount.

Other solutions are for instance Newshound;
http://www.shorelinesoftware.com/NewsHound.aspx

and NewsLook;
http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx

I'm not sure if the last is compatible with Outlook 2007 though.

Personally I like to keep my Outlook data and NNTP data separate and use
Windows Live Mail for newsgroup access. You can get that here;
http://download.live.com/wlmail