Newsgroup question please

Bob Newman

I am in the process of moving from XP to Vista and am a heavy user of
newsgroups. I like how in Vista automatically tags your posts as "watched"
however I am very frustrated as the name of the newsgroup in the folder list
on the left does not seem to stay red indicating watched messages there,
only when you go into the group & download messages. I always kept one
unread message in the thread to keep the group names highlighted in red. I
may have 20 newsgroups in my folder list, this is the only way I can
remember which groups have "watched" messages. Suggestions please.

Bob

mikeyhsd

for me when I expand the complete folder tree it shows the folders with watched in red.
so long as there is an unread watched there it is in red.
even deleting it still unread then deleted is red/

(e-mail address removed)

I am in the process of moving from XP to Vista and am a heavy user of
newsgroups. I like how in Vista automatically tags your posts as "watched"
however I am very frustrated as the name of the newsgroup in the folder list
on the left does not seem to stay red indicating watched messages there,
only when you go into the group & download messages. I always kept one
unread message in the thread to keep the group names highlighted in red. I
may have 20 newsgroups in my folder list, this is the only way I can
remember which groups have "watched" messages. Suggestions please.

Bob

Bob Newman

Yes, that is in red (bold for unread). What I would like to stay red is the
name of the newsgroup on the left. I have found I can do it if I have more
than one conversation I am watching.

Bob