Newsgroup problem??

Nick

Hi..

I usually use IE to view and post at the Newsgroups but for the past few
days I've been having some problems accessing the main pages.

I have the following address bookmarked which has always worked in the past:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

But lately all that happens is the page redirects to:
http://www.microsoft.com/library/er...rrorpath=/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

and tells me:
"We’re sorry, but we were unable to service your request. You may wish to
choose from the links below for information about Microsoft products and
services."

I've tried a couple of different browsers but the same happens. I also
tried using my mobile phone which uses a completely different ISP but it
still persists.

I loaded a cached page of the Newsgroups index in order to post this and
once I get through that little hoop, the newsgroups seem to work ok...i'm
just having issues with the main page. I have even tried entering from the
communities homepage but the same problem occurs.

Anyone know what is going on here please?

Thanks..

Nick

p.s - I know I can use Windows Mail or other newsgroup readers but i've
kinda got used to using IE.

Tim Slattery

Nick said:
Hi..

I usually use IE to view and post at the Newsgroups but for the past few
days I've been having some problems accessing the main pages.

I have the following address bookmarked which has always worked in the past:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

The web interface to these groups is horrible. Get a newsreader
instead. Set up OE, or check out Agent (www.forteinc.com/agent) or
Thunderbird (www.mozilla.org/thunderbird). Use the Microsoft server
(msnews.microsoft.com) for access to all the microsoft.public.*
groups.