NewEgg refurbished Sempron 754 question

NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an AMD
stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the AMD
heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

David Maynard

NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an AMD
stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the AMD
heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!

What did newegg say>

NewEgg makes no commitment on refurbished items beyond getting the raw item.
(15 day return policy applies, no restocking fee)
I've ordered 7 refurbished motherboards from them and 4 times I just got
only the board in a brown box(Microstar and Asus) and other times I got
original retail boxes and/or manuals and/or accessories (Biostar, Shuttle,
Abit). Soltek gave me the whole enchilada.

I can easily see people returning a perfectly good processor that isn't what
they expected. Too slow, won't work with motherboard, won't overclock. A 15%
restocking fee is charged (30 days return on new items) and the item is
resold by NewEgg. I have no idea if it's tested and fixed first if
necessary.

New motherboards fail more often than processors. Lots of one of the new
Biostar Tforce 939's were faulty and returned.
I would go for a NewEgg refurbished Sempron if it includes the original
fan/heatsink

Thanks

alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: NewEgg refurbished Sempron 754 question

beenthere

NewEgg only sells boxed Sempron 754 processors meaning they come with an
AMD stock fan and heatsink and AMD warranty.

Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the
AMD heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

Thanks!
How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

Dave

beenthere said:
How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

That's what I was wondering. It would be cheaper to refab the thing, but
that would be NEW. -Dave