New watch arrived today

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
IMG_20210310_165933.jpg

The watch, an Orient Mako II actually survived the carnage. Thankfully.

I now have 15 watches in my 'collection'

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice, they're great watches.

I've got an original Mako that I've had for years, still going strong. Doesn't get much wear anymore mind you.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Watch2.jpg

I wear my Dad's old watch which must be 65-70 years old and still keeps really good time. This is a pretty poor picture of it and it does look better than this. It is very slim for its age and is self winding. The date display has stopped working and I cannot adjust it and there is a crack in the glass. It is a Constanta and I have been unable to find any info on it despite googling it. It has, of course, lots of sentimental value.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
View attachment 13788

I wear my Dad's old watch which must be 65-70 years old and still keeps really good time. This is a pretty poor picture of it and it does look better than this. It is very slim for its age and is self winding. The date display has stopped working and I cannot adjust it and there is a crack in the glass. It is a Constanta and I have been unable to find any info on it despite googling it. It has, of course, lots of sentimental value.

Lovely watch. I was passed on an Omega Seamaster in Rose Gold which my father wore for over 40 years in the '90s. I had the pleasure of wearing it for about 3 years, unfortunately, it was stolen and that too after my father passed away.

If you are still looking to get some info, I would suggest you check out Watchuseek forum. The folks there are very helpful and knowledgeable. If any info is available on the watch I am sure you will be able to find it there.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have been unable to find any info on it despite googling it
It is a Constanta and I have been unable to find any info on it despite googling it

August Hohl (AHO) IN Pforzheim, Germany, sold watches under the label “Constanta”. If you can tell/show me what is written on the case back, I may be able to find out more.

If you want to get the watch looked at/ repaired, I can highly recommend ...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks and Quad, I got a reply from Watchuseek which was similar to Mucks answer - from Pforzheim, Germany, 1950s - 60s and seemingly quite rare. The one shown for sale is not the same model as mine but is the first time I've seen a picture of another Constanta.

I've attached a pic of the back of the watch, Mucks

Watch3.JPG

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ask a Question