NEW VBA in NEW Excel ??

New Office, new Excel... NEW VBA ???
I guess that all of us spent a lot of time in the study of the VBA to
program macros and applications in the Excel enviroment....
And I guess that many people like my are being asked.... ¿ New Excel implies
NEW VBA ????
And ¿There will be compatibility amog VBA Excel 2003 with NEW VBA Excel ???

Jim Cone

And no compatibility problems as long as everybody in the world
upgrades to Office 12?

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jan Karel Pieterse" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi Guillermo,
New Office, new Excel... NEW VBA ???
Nope, same VBA. But with changes (mainly additions) to the object
model.
Regards,
Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Jim,
And no compatibility problems as long as everybody in the world
upgrades to Office 12?

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.
All I know is that it is in MS's interest to ensure old solutions keep
working as much as they possibly can, otherwise no serious customer
will even consider to upgrade.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

OK, thanks for the information.
Now I'm much more comply whith the future of the Excel.

Greetings Jim and Jan.

Guillermo from Buenos Aires, Argentina.