Windows 8 New Start menu leaks in Windows build 9788

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the leaks are starting to flow - or else someone has decided to spend an unhealthy amount of time building an elaborate Start menu replica. As you can see in the image above, the Start menu is there but it's not all that exciting as we have seen most of this before.
We do know that this is still an early build of next generation of Windows and we will have more to report on that tomorrow. So, don't get too caught up in the minor details as there will be other enhancements to the desktop before Threshold is released.
One item about the image that was throwing off users previously is that is says Win 8.1 Pro in the bottom corner. We have spoken to a source close to Microsoft who says that this image appears to be legitimate, and that these builds inside of Microsoft still use this branding, so this is not a big deal.
This build 9788 is said to be floating around the web but has not been properly leaked for all of us to enjoy. Considering that the images are starting to surface at various points across the web, the build will likely leak in the near future.
Source: My Digital Life
http://www.neowin.net/news/new-start-menu-leaks-in-windows-build-9788

Stw2i0r.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Get used to it. What do you think Windows 9 will look like. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Get used to it. What do you think Windows 9 will look like. ;)

I don't think I will, get used to it, I won't be using it ... and I have no idea what Win 9 may look like, nor care.

But I will stick with my 'comment' ... it's a fugly interface! :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have 8.1 on my laptop and 99% of the time it is on the desktop. Everything is there

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm glad to see the return of the start menu, but it does look a little busy doesn't it... It's like they just updated the old one and shoved a load of metro stuff on the right hand side.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
, but it does look a little busy doesn't it... .

The question you have to ask yourself is how much time are you going to spend looking at the start menu and how much time are you going to spend looking at the application you are working with ?

Reaction score
;)I am keeping W7 for as long as I can seems to me that Microsoft haven't heard of the saying "If it aint broke don't mend it":D my short adventure with W8.1 I wont be changing any time soon.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Same old tosh, leaked facts and pix whenever a new MS OS is imminent. They're designed to look as though they've been leaked but rest assured folks, MS are overseeing every last tidbit.

History will show that leading up to the release of any new MS OS the leaks will illustrate that MS appear to be shaping the OS to include and do everything that most folks want it to do. However, on release MS will have shaped their new behometh precisely the way they want it, leading to a lot of disappointed purchasers.

You will find that network support has been lessened with fewer capabilities accessible to the user, everything, and I mean everything, will be designed to point you towards the MS shop to buy Apps you don't need or that were previously included for free in MS OS's and that snooping by MS to gather your personal info will be enabled on most functions by default.

Would you trust those kindly folk at Redmund? :)

But, looking at the 'leaked' pic at the start of this thread, looks ok to me, nowt wrong with it as desktops go, I've seen worse, and to MS's credit there's usually the option to shape your desktop as you wish, although tbh Win 8 was an exception, it took outsiders to make that work well.

Myself, I prefer an uncluttered desktop, thus:

8906d1405689174-new-start-menu-leaks-windows-build-9788-desktopjuly2014.jpg

Attachments

• desktopjuly2014.JPG
    desktopjuly2014.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 266

Ask a Question