New Site Design?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After this thread (which is still going on), there is the possibility that there could be a design change. If this does happen, it will take a good few weeks (months even) and would have a large testing stage first so everyone could check it out before the switch.

What I would be interested in is a list of sites that have designs you particularly like. They don't have to be relevant to computers at all, as all I would be interested in is the type of layout they use and any trends. Ideally it would be a fast loading site that looks good, not a very heavy loading one. If you do post a URL, please explain what you like about it (the buttons, the menu, the colours, the layout).

Once there is a list of URLs, I can check them out for the sort of site to create. I already have some ideas for a light loading site, but I'm interested in what people like and don't like :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My favourite sites are;

www.clarks.co.uk - I like the way the menus scroll, and the way that when you move a window it 'floats' - it's quite nice.

www.jkrowling.co.uk - Ok ok, don't laugh! It's a good website, I haven't come across any others like it - have a look and you will see what I mean! It's god lots of clever ideas and easter eggs, although I can't picture PCR ever looking like that.

www.tigertiger.co.uk - I like this one because it's quite eye-catching and modern. I think something in cool blues and metallic silvers would be nice for PCR. I also like this website because it doesn't really stick to a grid structure so much

I don't really know if this has been helpful, hope it has a bit!

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Flash forums are possible, but I wouldn't try it :)

It would be an all HTML site, but I see what you like about the Clarks/JKR sites :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Why not the flash forum? - Would it be very difficult to make?
Very difficult, very slow, not very newbie friendly and not spiderable by search engines. The only plus is it would look interesting ;)

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
this is the site i visit the most,its only about 4 weeks old
www.sas.jralyn.com
its fast and the forums are very good,funnily enough ive seen the same type used
on another site as well.
it seems a good package

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is fast, it does not evan load! - did you get the link right?

KGB

Reaction score
I like this site, i like the designs and colours, i think it's good enough atm, even thuogh it may be slow.

Ask a Question