New Server?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The site has been running on the new server for a few days now - and not without a few hiccups!

What do you think of it so far? Is it fast enough, is it reliable? The reason I ask is I have just had to reboot the server as pages were taking an age to load!

I'm hoping to optimise and speed the server up over the coming week now that everything works, but your comments would help alot :) I can concentrate on any problem areas!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You just had to reboot? I thought something was going on, I couldn't connect just a little whiles ago.

Other than that, I've noticed no hiccups at all.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I had the same problem, i thought me internet was messing up, but all the othr sites loaded perfect.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, that was sorted with a reboot. Not sure why it went pair shaped, but I've got a server monitor running on it now.

Does it seem to be running ok now?

Reaction score
new to this site and only the last few days - it was a little slow compared to other uk site i visit !

loading faster now - great job m8

this page loaded in IE in 0.282 secs (nice feature):thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just done another restart to try and fix a problem, sorry about that!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I noticed ... hopefully things will settle down.

;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its getting there :) I've ironed out most bugs and got an automated backup system in place now, so it should be smooth sailing from now on!

(fingers crossed!)

Ask a Question