New Netbook...Windows already registered to other person

D

Dianne Webber

I just purchased a NEW Netbook at Tigerdirect online, and they sent me a USED netbook with Windows XP already registered to someone named "Pam". This Netbook was advertised NEW and I am very disapointed with this.

Is there any way I can re-register it to my name without sending it back and waiting 3 weeks for another one?

The Netbook does not have any software with it. It does not even have any type of CDRom Drive either so I cant reinstall windows. But it is legally my Netbook.

Frustrated!
Thanks - Dianne

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

J

johnn

I just purchased a NEW Netbook at Tigerdirect online, and they sent me a USED netbook with Windows XP already registered to someone named "Pam". This Netbook was advertised NEW and I am very disapointed with this.

Is there any way I can re-register it to my name without sending it back and waiting 3 weeks for another one?

The Netbook does not have any software with it. It does not even have any type of CDRom Drive either so I cant reinstall windows. But it is legally my Netbook.

Frustrated!
Thanks - Dianne

Hi Dianne:

Your frustration seems to be more with the fact that you can't register Windows in your name, rather
than with the fact that you were sent a used item rather than a new item which you expected.

A new notebook without any software and without even an optical drive of any type does not seem too
new to me.
If I were in your place, I'd find out why you were not sent a new notebook, and what Tigerdirect is
going to do to correct the situation.

Good luck! - let us know.

- Nietzsche (1844-1935)
"Nietzsche is dead"
- God

J

John John (MVP)

The answer to your dilemma is simple, pack the notebook back in its box
and send it back to TigerDirect!

John

L

Leonard Grey

If I paid for a new netbook and received a used one instead...
re-registering Windows would not be my primary concern, if you get my drift.

S

Shenan Stanley

Dianne said:
I just purchased a NEW Netbook at Tigerdirect online, and they sent
me a USED netbook with Windows XP already registered to someone
named "Pam". This Netbook was advertised NEW and I am very
disapointed with this.

Is there any way I can re-register it to my name without sending it
back and waiting 3 weeks for another one?

The Netbook does not have any software with it. It does not even
have any type of CDRom Drive either so I cant reinstall windows.
But it is legally my Netbook.

Frustrated!
Thanks - Dianne

Send it back - unless you just like being taken advantage of...

Ask a Question