-----Original Message-----
From: Mary [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Monday, September 06, 2004 4:15 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conversation: new mail msg and other buttons are grayed out?
Subject: RE: new mail msg and other buttons are grayed out?

This occurs if you have not set up an email acct. Go to Tools, Email Accts
and set it up using the settings given to you by your provider.

IanCattermole said:
When in outlook 2003 my "new mail msg" button is grayed out, along
with
reply
and forward. This is preventing me from sending any mail. Could
anyone
help.
Many thanks in advance.
Ian.

Thanks Mary, I had already been using the software. By the way it looks like
Alexanders solution. Many thanks though.
Ian

Thanks Alexander, this looks like the answer. The next problem is that when i
try to activate the whole of office nothing happens. I click and thats it!
Hope you can help
Ian.

Or you have not activated Microsoft Outlook.

IanCattermole said:
When in outlook 2003 my "new mail msg" button is grayed out, along
with
reply
and forward. This is preventing me from sending any mail. Could
anyone
help.
Many thanks in advance.
Ian.

Alexander Gorlach

Hi,

In my case it was Internet connection problem. Activation wizard of
Office 2003 closing in this case without any warnings/errors (very nice!
;). If you have direct connection, try to turn off firewalls at
activation time.

Alexander Gorlach,
MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ons
http://www.mapilab.com/