New Hardare Found

Reaction score
Hi, got a usb keyboard installed as unknown in xp device manager. Keep getting new hardware found upon boot. How can i stop this from apearing each boot. Try to install new driver from system and internet but, cannot find driver appears. Keyboard works but new hardware appears anyway. Can I turn this pop up off for good

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum

In order for people to help you, you need to write a little bit more than..."Stop New Hardware Found"

Reaction score
Hi, got a usb keyboard installed as unknown in xp device manager. Keep getting new hardware found upon boot. How can i stop this from apearing each boot. Try to install new driver from system and internet but, cannot find driver appears. Keyboard works but new hardware appears anyway. Can I turn this pop up off for good

Reaction score
thank you

In order for people to help you, you need to write a little bit more than..."Stop New Hardware Found"[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
One post is enough..When me or somebody else finds a solution or can give you an answer we will..Untill then there is no need to keep re-posting..:wall:

Reaction score
May have a solution, but as Madx has said just because nobody has replied, you don't need to keep reposting lol.

What brand is it ? also did you get any CD's with it ?

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
May have a solution, but as Madx has said just because nobody has replied, you don't need to keep reposting lol.

What brand is it ? also did you get any CD's with it ?
Thanks for replying. No cd, its a bacic Logitech usb. I think i have a hd issue as it took 5 trys for a fresh xpsp2 install. Basicly i would just like to know if theres a way to stop xp from going through the new hardware found upon each boot. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Thanks again

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like XP didn't install properly as it is still trying to add the driver when its already there.

Delete the drivers for the keyboard and reboot, go into the BIOS and enable USB Keyboard support if not already.

Do a XP repair from the XP cd, hopefully wehen you start it up it will install the drivers once.

Reaction score
Hi and thanks. Yeah i have already tried those things and more. You are probably right as it took 5 tries for a xpsp2 install. Think i have a hd issue. Get errors from hd repair utilities. Wont do another install as I only need this to pay bills online for a few months. However, if I could disable the new hardware thing, it would save almost 10 minutes of boot time. (yep, 10 mins!} Dont show this again in the new hardware box dosent work. This is a tough one as ive seen this alot on the internet with no fix.

ne ideas are welcomed.
thanks & have a great day

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Bad sectors on a Hard Drive won't cause it to do that, well not that i wouyld of thought anyway.

Has to be software related, can you try a different keyboard??? Or a an adaptor onto the one you have and use it in a PS2 port?

Still trying to think as i had a similar problem on my step dads PC, but my brother sorted it in the end.

Could also try updating the driver for the SMBus, but you will have to get that from the Manufacterers site.

You seem pretty computer literate so the only other thing i can think of is to get on another computer and copy the drivers for keyboard and mouse and stick them onto yours.

Edit: You did install all of the drivers for the motherboard when you reinstalled XP didn't you?

Reaction score
Hello again. No ps2 port. Its a Gateway notebook. Every xp install had differnt issues. Thought i had seen everything but i guess anything is possible with MS. Dont want to try again as at least now internet works. Gotta pay bills uknow! Just want to disable the darn new hardware takes 10 minutes to boot
make me mad window thing! Maybe impossible

Thanx again

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it a legit install of XP????

Try updating the Motherboard drivers espcially the SMbus.

Ask a Question