New! Computer student and enthusiast.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As a mature student doing a computer degree with the OU, I find forums like this very informative and educational. Computing nowadays spreads over such a wide range in terms of software, hardware, programming etc, I do not think a lifetime is enough to learn everything. But I am hoping to get (and give) some useful tips in this forum in the future.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome bigOz :) The OU is a great way to learn :thumb:

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Welcome to the forums! :)

Wow! What an administrator... Thank you SB, that is a very nice signature line.
laughingsmiley.gif

And I love expensive gadgets
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
Welcome bigOz to PCReview
happywave.gif

Always nice to have students on this site specially those doing PhD's. ;)

Reaction score
murdoch said:
Welcome bigOz to PCReview
happywave.gif

Always nice to have students on this site specially those doing PhD's. ;)
Thanks mate!
Steady on pal!
user.gif
I am still putting the trimmings on the BSc degree, I might give up the idea of a PhD. though - O.U. is great, but as you move up the ladder, it requires more of your hours per day and I am not so sure I can spare them. The whole computing course is a bit confusing though. Every module is completely different and independent of each other. I've actually got what I wanted with the courses I've done so far, (without the actual degree), that is learning how to program in High level languages. Time consumung but fun!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bigOz said:
Thanks pal! - erm... muckshifter?
laughingsmiley.gif
Yes ... that's my name ... changed it by deedpoll, I take a lot of Muck and shift it ... I like your sig. ;)

Live & let Live

Reaction score
bigOz said:
Thanks mate!
Steady on pal!
user.gif
I am still putting the trimmings on the BSc degree, I might give up the idea of a PhD. though - O.U. is great, but as you move up the ladder, it requires more of your hours per day and I am not so sure I can spare them. The whole computing course is a bit confusing though. Every module is completely different and independent of each other. I've actually got what I wanted with the courses I've done so far, (without the actual degree), that is learning how to program in High level languages. Time consumung but fun!
The Boss of the site Ian is doing a PhD in something to do with planes.:D

Reaction score
hi everyone,
I have just joined a few days from now. I feel very excited because i know i'll be learning a lot from this site. I hope I would soon be able to give insights, opinions or suggestions to help future members of this forum.

Reaction score
murdoch said:
The Boss of the site Ian is doing a PhD in something to do with planes.:D
That's a coincidence! As a flight instructor interested in anything that can move against gravity, I am sure we'll have a lot to talk about. He must be doing Aeronautical Engineering or something similar -- great subject. :thumb:

Thank you Rush and PotGuy. Hey PotGuy! I just heard on BBC news, the police have been discovering 3 cannabis growers a week for the past 6 months!:D

Ask a Question