New Broadband Set-up Needed

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Finished the house move yesterday, and finally got round to setting up the ADSL connection - Zen told me I went live last Wednesday.

It went like a dream, the Netgear DG834G set up first time correctly for both Lan and wireless and hey presto online within 5 minutes :cool:

First few runs of Speedtest showed around 2MB download speed which is to be expected for first use during the 10 day BT monitoring service - then by this morning I am up to nearly 5MB:

61692947.png

Not expecting it to go that much higher on this 'up to 8MB' service as Zen told me I am likely to get between 4-5MB where I am.

Zen have been great all the way through this process, their customer services answer within a few rings without having to go through the 'If you want xxx Press 3' malarky - that together with a faultless setup, I have to say I would definately recommend Zen to anyone
nod.gif

Now all I have to do is get all my other rigs set up and back crunching again :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad that the house move went well - it's never much fun moving stuff around! What do you think of the new place so far?

That is a massive point in favour of Zen if there is no "press x..." rubbish on the phone, as waiting 30 mins really puts me off companies when I have to call. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been trying to tell you all about Zen for years :wall:

Trouble is, most peeps are too tight to fork out another few quid a month.

Tis an old truth but you only get what you pay for.

Orange; Tiscali; Plusnet; BT et al - rubbish! :p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
New place is great - nice and big for all my computers :thumb:

....only drawback being I'm now quite close to Mr Postill's home town :p

Reaction score
If that's the RG27 Postal Code area, then your still a good hour or so away from the land of Postill and myself ;)

EDIT: Google Maps are rubbish, tis 31minutes via the proper route :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
cImrie said:
If that's the RG27 Postal Code area, then your still a good hour or so away from the land of Postill and myself ;)
Yippee!!!!:D

cImrie said:
EDIT: Google Maps are rubbish, tis 31minutes via the proper route :)
B*gger!!......:p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last night Zen were on BBC North West local news for an interview, they seemed like a really good company to work for - the MD was really down to earth!

Ask a Question