New AMD CPU

James

Hey, when is the new 64bit AMD CPU supposed to come out?
I'd like to try the 64bit chip, but if its going to be changed in the near
future i'd rather wait a little

Wes Newell

Hey, when is the new 64bit AMD CPU supposed to come out?

Which new cpu? The 64 bit Opteron was released in April of 2003. Since
then there have been many "new" 64bit cpu's.
I'd like to try the 64bit chip, but if its going to be changed in the
near future i'd rather wait a little

Everything changes, always in the near future in this field.

James

yes i was looking for the 939, and i know everything changes, but if its
coming out in a month, i'd say its better to wait the month, and get a mobo,
that is going to have new cpus coming out for it for more then another
couple of months!!

jes

yes i was looking for the 939, and i know everything changes, but if its
coming out in a month, i'd say its better to wait the month, and get a mobo,
that is going to have new cpus coming out for it for more then another
couple of months!!

I picked up the old style about a month or two ago. Although it's
limited, it works well enough that it'll be a viable system until it
dies of old age. I've got several systems, so there's always
something it can do for me. It runs as fast as anything REASONABLE
available and does it cooler and quieter than the others.

PS this was written on a P2B 700mhz system ;)

Obsolete and worthless, eh ?

Jason Cothran

<jes> wrote in message
<snip>

| PS this was written on a P2B 700mhz system ;)
|
| Obsolete and worthless, eh ?

Nah. I have an old PIII 450 I still use. Granted, it isn't running Windoze
on it (currently dual booting Slackware and Mandrake 10), but even if it
was, it would be suitable for maybe just an internet machine or word
processor <wink>.

Wayne

Not if if suits your need. But I would consider upgrading ASAP if you live
in the USA. (prices for motherboards and CPU's seem to be cheaper here,
from what I gather.)

Wayne

rstlne

Wayne @ W. said:
Not if if suits your need. But I would consider upgrading ASAP if you live
in the USA. (prices for motherboards and CPU's seem to be cheaper here,
from what I gather.)

Wayne

Uh..
Laugh..
Silly statement that
Upgrade ASAP cause your in the USA and it's cheaper.
That would mean that ppl in China or Korea upgrade about once a week ;)