NEW 512MB GFX card's out !!!

Reaction score
WOOO !!!

The AMAZING 512MB nVidia card is out TOMOROW !!!

But check out the RIDICULAS price! LMAO I can't wait to get one !!! :)

[size=+1]XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT45FYDF7) (GX-041-XF)[/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

Reaction score
I read about these a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the extra on-board RAM is going to make much difference, but, just to make it absolutely clear about my feelings on the matter.. WHOHOOOOOOOOO! I'm gonna have to get one!:cool:...er...ok...perhaps I'm being gullible and taken in by the higher number, but i don't care, 'cos i'm one of those peeps who just has to have the top end spec in graphics:(

Reaction score
lol 1integer! Same here !!! I have to know i have the best system out there !!! :) That's just me !!! hehe

I think they WILL make difference ?!?! 40% they say ... lol

Hope the price lower's soon !!!

Do you think ATi will bring one out for the X850 ! :p hehe

Reaction score
I`ve heard it makes no difference to games at a res <1600x1200. No game currently available needs that much memory because games have been designed to run with 256 memory cards or less. The major jump will be in Futuremark scores.
The cards have prob been available for a bit in other countries and AFAIK, theres been no major score breakthroughs with these new cards.

SLI... currently pointless, 512MB graphics memory...currently pointless.

*I write this for two reasons- I hate to see people waste their hard-eaned cash on this kind of gear, and I also need to write this to convince myself I dont want or need SLI with two of these cards!

Kenny

Reaction score
I see Kenny lol

Well if you got the money ... and don't have anything else to spend it on ... why not !!! :)

I am !!! Haha

Reaction score
Kenny said:
I`ve heard it makes no difference to games at a res <1600x1200. No game currently available needs that much memory because games have been designed to run with 256 memory cards or less. The major jump will be in Futuremark scores.
The cards have prob been available for a bit in other countries and AFAIK, theres been no major score breakthroughs with these new cards.

SLI... currently pointless, 512MB graphics memory...currently pointless.

*I write this for two reasons- I hate to see people waste their hard-eaned cash on this kind of gear, and I also need to write this to convince myself I dont want or need SLI with two of these cards!

Kenny

you're right...I'm not quite mad enough to pay that much for an extra 256Mb of RAM on a video card...unless of course i had the right monitor to be able to experience any performance boost. As it is, my 17'' TFt (like most) runs at a native 1280x1024 so there's no need for more vid ram yet. But there are components in my PC that cost me a fortune just 'cos I wanted the best - my Lian Li case, all my WD Raptor drives, for example. I'm trying to tread a very fine line between real performance boost and throwing money away...it keeps computing interesting!:)

Reaction score
so does that mean that a 256mb card will CUT IN PRICE?

yessss wicked im up for buying a 256 then!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Most reviews i have read show one thing, 512MB CARDS DO NOT SHOW A WORTH WHILE PERFORMANCE INCREASE.
with that said your probly better off getting something with 256mb of mem.
but then again in the near future (much nearer that you think) game will more than likely reqiure 512mb of onboard vid mem, even SLI, to play maxed out!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!
that much for a damn Vid card?!
now thats just crazy, im mean madman crazy!

Reaction score
Well instead of a 512Mb card, how about something like the dua NV45-chip vid from Asus - due out soon?:cool:

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
a Dual chip is also made by Gigabyte called the 3D1, and its already out!
it runs for about $500 and it comes with a motherboard.

Ask a Question