    Search elsewhere, didn't see this addressed, apologies if it has been
    Thank you for your time

    Kurt

    Guest, Mar 21, 2004

  2. Use system properties, advanced, startup and recovery. Make sure that the
    XP Pro install is set as the default clear the box next to the time to
    display list of operating systems. Then delete the original systemroot.

    "Kurt JB" <> wrote in message
    > Had OEM XP home edition, XP Pro available via university that necessitated

    a clean install of XP pro - documentation at univ. stated could not upgrade
    from my version. Okay. XP pro installed successfully and it works fine -
    Question: I still have other op.sys. [XP home OEM version in file c:\windows
    and XP pro in c:\windows.0].
    > Am I safe to - and how would I approach - deleting the XP home edition?

    It's an incredible waste of resources if it can be deleted.

    Rob Elder, MVP-Networking, Mar 21, 2004