Network card is halting dialup connection

G

I need a network card in my stand alone desktop pc. Some software I'm needing to install requires a netword card ID from it. I have no network to connect to, but I'm stuck with having to install a network card for this purpose.

I've had a good dial-up connection until this point. I installed a new network card and Windows XP seemed to accept it ok, but my internet connection has been blocked some how. I can connect by dial-uip and my username and password get verified, but my browser, outlook and messenger cannot find the connection. The browser reports it cannot find the server.

I've tried disabling the card. I've even tried removing the card, but the connection doesn't return unless I do a system restore to prior to the card installation. I've run the network setup wizard, but no help.

Is there some obscure configuration change I need to make to remove this blockade??

Please help!!!

Thanks,

John

T

traxless

Actuallly this may not be the right newsgroup for this question. My
first guess ... since you have installed a network card, then you may
have to install a network client and then a network service. The
network service will probably be TCP/IP, which also needs to be
configure.

There are a couple of networking Usenet newsgroups that may be a
better resource for you. I know this is about as helpful as bad news,
but I thought I'd try and get you moving in the right direction.

Ask a Question