NETMEETING problems

Lee

My Netmeeting is successfully in session with the server,
BUT I cant seem to bring up the Share screen, which will
allow me to see my server's desktop.

The only thing that pops up is the WHITE BOARD and the
CHAT screen's!

I have checked out all the support sites of Microsoft and
no luck!

I am running Windows 2000

I have all the latest Win UPDATES (fixes) installed up to
SP5

PLEASE get back to me ASAP!
Later

PS I just took over from the other administrator and don't
want to re-install Netmeeting as I don't have all the
settings... etc

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Lee said:
My Netmeeting is successfully in session with the server,
BUT I cant seem to bring up the Share screen, which will
allow me to see my server's desktop.

The only thing that pops up is the WHITE BOARD and the
CHAT screen's!

I have checked out all the support sites of Microsoft and
no luck!

I am running Windows 2000

I have all the latest Win UPDATES (fixes) installed up to
SP5

PLEASE get back to me ASAP!
Later

PS I just took over from the other administrator and don't
want to re-install Netmeeting as I don't have all the
settings... etc

On the server you have to enable desktop sharing. I believe
it's under the Tools menu.

On the workstation you must start a new and ***secure***
connection via the pull-down menu.

If your "server" runs Windows XP or is a Windows 2000/2003 server
then you would be much better off running Remote Desktop instead
of NetMeeting.

I have a similar situation: RDS is configured and enabled on a W2K Pro machine, and it works perfectly when called from another W2K machine, I mean, NM secure-call -> connection -> remote screen appears -> issue remote Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc...

But when trying to do the same from a XP Pro machine to the (already tested) W2K Pro "server" the remote screen does NOT appear following the same procedure: NM secure-call -> connection -X No remote screen...

Any suggestions
Thanks.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Tomcat,

Steps to recapture the control by using any key

To recapture control by using any key, follow these steps:

1. Install Windows 2000 SP4.

2. Click "Start", and then click "Programs".

3. Click "Accessories", and then click "Communications".

4. Click "NetMeeting".

5. After you complete the wizard, click "Tools", and then select "Remote Desktop Sharing".

6. Select "Enable Remote Desktop Sharing on this computer".

7. Click "Call", and then select "Automatically Accept Calls".

8. Click "Call", and then click "Exit and Activate Remote Desktop Sharing".

9. From another PC that is running Windows XP or 2000, run NetMeeting, type an IP address,
and then click the "Phone" icon.

10. Type your user name and password, and then click "OK".

11. Return to the Windows 2000 SP4 computer, and then press any key except ESC. You will
find that you re-establish control.

Thanks,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Re: NETMEETING problems
'--'Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:06:07 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.