netgear router

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My Thompson Speedtouch 585v6, recommended by V_R, works a treat. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My Netgear router just died on me after 2.5 years so I'm afraid Netgear are now on my 'to avoid' list.

I also went for a Speedtouch as a replacement, also recommended by V_R.

Either get the up to date model 585v6 as recommended by Nivrip above or you could get this refurbished Speedtouch 580 for £19.00 inc postage. This model was introduced in 2005.

I got a refurbished wired model and it's like new, working fine and dead easy to set up.

Reaction score
I had a Linksys wireless router for the good part of two years. The wireless signal was poor, when it came to streaming and copying files over from one computer to the other it would drop out and the signal would die on all ends.

For the last year or so I have had a Netgear router think it is the DG834 and it's been brilliant. It has definetly taken Linksys to the cleaners in my eyes. The wireless signal is very strong, the router is more stable and I feel it looks much sexier.

I would put my money towards a Netgear router it would be money well spent should you decide to jump on to the Netgear bandwagon. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
I would put my money towards a Netgear router it would be money well spent should you decide to jump on to the Netgear bandwagon. :)

floppybootstomp said:
My Netgear router just died on me after 2.5 years so I'm afraid Netgear are now on my 'to avoid' list.

Make up your own mind :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That link that Flops posted looks ideal :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
The problem that I had with the speedtouch that Flops recommended is that that it was good but the wireless performance was poor, much worse than my previous netgear. So if the buyer wants it for wireless performance I wold say look for another one, but if he doesn't want long range wireless I would get it :thumb:

chelseafc2005

Ask a Question