NET CF v2 Redistributable for specific languages?

Greg Hellem

I have written a .NET CF V2.0 application that supports several languages
(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.) and I noticed that there
are several language versions of System_SR_XX.CAB files, to support detailed
error messages in the specified language, but I was curious to know if there
are different language versions of the NETCFv2.wce5.armv4i.cab? Or are all
displayed "text messages" generated by the System_SR_XX.CAB files?
Thank you for your time,
Greg Hellem

Greg Hellem

I have written a .NET CF V2.0 application that supports several languages
(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.) and I noticed that there
are several language versions of System_SR_XX.CAB files, to support
detailed
error messages in the specified language, but I was curious to know if
there
are different language versions of the NETCFv2.wce5.armv4i.cab? Or are all
"text strings" generated by the System_SR_XX.CAB files?
Thank you for your time,
Greg Hellem

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

I've never seen any different language versions. My guess would be that
there are generally no strings in the .NET CF itself. The SR CAB files
contain strings for description of exception types and so on for debugging
purposes, not the various language spellings of things like "Menu" or
"Help". If the OS supports your target language, I think the .NET CF
should, also.

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

OK, I guess I've never looked closely at the download page for the
redistributable. It's available in a variety of language versions. I would
guess that the difference is in the SR files only (since there are no
different language versions of the framework in Windows CE itself), but I
haven't confirmed that.

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Greg Hellem

Thank you Paul!!!
I really do appreciate your research.
Thanks again,