Developer redistributable of .NET CF SP3

Asheesh

Hi All,

I'm using .NET CF SP2 developer redistributables in my application, thereby
bundling the runtime files with the application and
then doing the installation.

I haven't found any developer redistributable of .NET CF SP3 available for
download. I believe the .NET CF SP3 download is basically
the End user redistributable, and not the developer redistributable one.

Which essentially means I can't make use of the .NET CF SP 3cab files within
my application.
Can anyone point out where can I download the developer redistributable
version of SP3 or can I make use of the cab files of the
end user version within my application.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh

Asheesh

Thanks a lot, Alex. So if I need to make use of latest SP3 files within my
application, what alternative do I resort to?
I'm sure that I can't use the cab files ripped out of the current SP3
installer.
Any other way?

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh

Alex Feinman [MVP]

For now you can instruct the end user to download and install SP3 on their
own machine

Peter Foot [MVP]

You'll find all the CAB files here by default:-
C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP3\
They are named the same as previous versions with platform version and cpu
type in the filename - for example:-
netcf.all.wce4.ARMV4.cab for a Pocket PC 2003 device.

Peter

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

That's correct; EULA does NOT allow redistributing CAB files from end user
MSI.
There will be no SP3 developer redistributable, upcoming VS 2003 update
would include CF SP3 instead.
For now, the only option would be to ask your customers to install SP3
using end user MSI, sorry.

Best regards,

Ilya

From: "Alex Feinman [MVP]" <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>

Asheesh

Thanks a lot, Ilya. So this means, I've no other choice but to ask the users
to install SP3 using the msi.
Another thing, Can I put up a link on my website, which states the
requirement of SP3 for my application, and then redirect the users to the
Microsoft site, where they can download the .NETCF SP3 or even better put up
the latest SP3 msi up for download?
Which one of the 2 can I do?
Are there any legal issues involved in it? Do you see a problem here?

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh

"Ilya Tumanov [MS]" said:
That's correct; EULA does NOT allow redistributing CAB files from end user
MSI.
There will be no SP3 developer redistributable, upcoming VS 2003 update
would include CF SP3 instead.
For now, the only option would be to ask your customers to install SP3
using end user MSI, sorry.

Best regards,

Ilya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Developer redistributable of .NET CF SP3
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:07:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

I suppose it all boils down to EULA. Anyone care to read it?

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

Hmm… Since I'm not a layer, my advice worth next to nothing in this case.
Anyway, I see no problems with link; this is done all the time.
I would create a link to download page so customer would be able to choose
MSI in whatever language he/she wants.

Best regards,

Ilya

From: "Asheesh" <[email protected]>