NEED HELP! PLEASE

A

Andrew Sim

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6000 and having problem so I reinstall with all original Windows XP Home that came with it. Now here is my problem;

I deleted all partition on hard disk and reformat it. I saw 2 more unpartition drive which I can't access or do anything to it so I just let it be. Proceeded to install Windows XP Home on it and all when well but now I'm having 2 Windows XP Home on my computer but 1 won't work. This message appear when it start,

Please select operating system to start:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Please ENTER to choose.
For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows, press F8

When I choose the 2nd operation Windows XP Home the follow message appear,

Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Please help to get rid of the other not working operating system so my computer can start normally without having to press ENTER everytime it boot up. I really need advice. Thanks

From,

Andrew Sim

S

Shiraz Abdulla

right click on my computer do properties and then advanced and then startup and recovery
uncheck the show list of operating systems for 30 seconds

the other partitions will be the dell diagnostics which i recommend u do not touch.
there are also reinstall guides for dell inspiron 6000 check on support.dell.com

Regards
Shiraz Abdulla

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6000 and having problem so I reinstall with all original Windows XP Home that came with it. Now here is my problem;

I deleted all partition on hard disk and reformat it. I saw 2 more unpartition drive which I can't access or do anything to it so I just let it be. Proceeded to install Windows XP Home on it and all when well but now I'm having 2 Windows XP Home on my computer but 1 won't work. This message appear when it start,

Please select operating system to start:

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Please ENTER to choose.
For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows, press F8

When I choose the 2nd operation Windows XP Home the follow message appear,

Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Please help to get rid of the other not working operating system so my computer can start normally without having to press ENTER everytime it boot up. I really need advice. Thanks

From,

Andrew Sim

Ask a Question