Need help on how to make news webpage editable for managers.


J

john doe

I was needing some help. How can I use FrontPage to make
the news webpage editable so different managers can put news
on the website without messing the whole webpage up.
I'd like to have them only edit the text in a box on the webpage.
Please advise.
Thanks
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

I don't know if this is the best way but I have three different people
working on stuff that ends up on the same page. I give each of them a page
with one table on it they can edit and write forever. Then I use the
"include" feature (FP 2002) to bring their work onto one page, each one into
a different cell of the master table on the page that the world gets to see.
I do all the uploads so if something gets messed up I can catch it before it
goes.
 
P

Paul C

Hi
Does this require you to use frames
Paul M
Daytona Steve said:
I don't know if this is the best way but I have three different people
working on stuff that ends up on the same page. I give each of them a
page
with one table on it they can edit and write forever. Then I use the
"include" feature (FP 2002) to bring their work onto one page, each one
into
a different cell of the master table on the page that the world gets to
see.
I do all the uploads so if something gets messed up I can catch it before
it
goes.
 
T

Thomas A. Rowe

No, his solution uses the FP Include Page component and 3 separate pages, however he is also doing
the uploading which allows FP to update the page using the included content.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com
==============================================
 
G

Guest

Not in my limited experience. The important point here is to only have the
working table on the working page, no graphics, backgrounds, unless you want
them to go to the public page. "Include will take the info in the working
page and put it on the public page where ever you say "insert".
 
Ad

Advertisements

P

Paul C

Thanks
So you can use the include component to include several other pages into one
page. Does it do this by adding the pages into table cells?
Paul M
 
G

Guest

Paul, my answer was for two quesions back. Yes, you put the insert point in
a table cell, then access the function using insert, web component. You can
insert the content into different cells or tables.
 
T

Thomas A. Rowe

Yes, the content that is between the opening and closing body tags (HTML/Code View)

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com
==============================================
 
P

Paul C

Thanks Thomas
In had a go and noticed that it uses webots. Does FP rely on FP extensions
to do this?
Paul M
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Tom Willett

Not for includes.
--
===
Tom Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
FrontPage Support:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
===
| Thanks Thomas
| In had a go and noticed that it uses webots. Does FP rely on FP extensions
| to do this?
| Paul M
| | > Yes, the content that is between the opening and closing body tags
| > (HTML/Code View)
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| >
| > http://www.Ecom-Data.com
| > ==============================================
| >
| >
| > | >> Thanks
| >> So you can use the include component to include several other pages
into
| >> one page. Does it do this by adding the pages into table cells?
| >> Paul M
| >> | >>> No, his solution uses the FP Include Page component and 3 separate
| >>> pages, however he is also doing the uploading which allows FP to
update
| >>> the page using the included content.
| >>>
| >>> --
| >>> ==============================================
| >>> Thomas A. Rowe
| >>> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| >>>
| >>> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
| >>> ==============================================
| >>>
| >>>
| >>> | >>>> Hi
| >>>> Does this require you to use frames
| >>>> Paul M
| >>>> message | >>>>>I don't know if this is the best way but I have three different
people
| >>>>> working on stuff that ends up on the same page. I give each of them
a
| >>>>> page
| >>>>> with one table on it they can edit and write forever. Then I use
the
| >>>>> "include" feature (FP 2002) to bring their work onto one page, each
| >>>>> one into
| >>>>> a different cell of the master table on the page that the world gets
| >>>>> to see.
| >>>>> I do all the uploads so if something gets messed up I can catch it
| >>>>> before it
| >>>>> goes.
| >>>>>
| >>>>> "john doe" wrote:
| >>>>>
| >>>>>> I was needing some help. How can I use FrontPage to make
| >>>>>> the news webpage editable so different managers can put news
| >>>>>> on the website without messing the whole webpage up.
| >>>>>> I'd like to have them only edit the text in a box on the webpage.
| >>>>>> Please advise.
| >>>>>> Thanks
| >>>>>>
| >>>>>>
| >>>>>>
| >>>>
| >>>>
| >>>
| >>>
| >>
| >>
| >
| >
|
|
 
T

Thomas A. Rowe

Only when creating/editing your site. If the live/remote site doesn't have the extensions, you will
have to upload all pages anytime you modify the include page and then save it.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com
==============================================
 
P

Paul C

Thanks Thomas
Paul M
Thomas A. Rowe said:
Only when creating/editing your site. If the live/remote site doesn't have
the extensions, you will have to upload all pages anytime you modify the
include page and then save it.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com
==============================================
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top