Need help on a car problem

Reaction score
My little M reg Peugeot 106 has an amber light coming on every now and again whilst im driving. Checked for Air locks in Rad pipes and topped the Rad up fully still does not seem to make a difference. Cant find anything in the Haynes that describes this problem or error on the dash

Basically the light looks like an engine block with the fan in front

Anyone help?

Reaction score
It may well be, however its just had its MOT which included an Oil change, new Oil filter, and new spark plugs but it's still doin it :confused:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Do you know what I would do - ring your local Peugeot garage and ask them what the light means. Then take it from there.

Gabz xx

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Now thats a very sensible idea Gabs :nod:

...but I'll have a guess anyway at the engine management warning light?

:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Passenger airbag warning ... you may have a fault. ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
take the bulb out, problem solved
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
I had that happen on my N reg 306.

Its something to do with ignition i think... go and take it to a local garage (not a pug dealer) if you are worried about it... for £40 they will plug it in to the computer and get any fault codes from it.

I just left mine and it went away... never happened again - maybe some damp got into the engine and it caused a momentary loss of ignition.

Any noticable problems aside from the light itself?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
When that little light comes on and shows a little engine and fan sign its usually one of about a dozen sensors around the engine and in the engine management system..

Somethings amiss get it seen to before you come to a grinding halt down some pitch black deserted country lane in the middle of nowhere, where theres no mobile phone signal, its freezing cold and your on your own, and you hear wolf cries on the wind and the American werewolf in london movie is fresh in the back of your mind...Not a nice position to be stuck in...

Haven't scared you have I TriplexDread...:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
When that little light comes on and shows a little engine and fan sign its usually one of about a dozen sensors around the engine and in the engine management system..
thats what i tried to say earlier but i dont think i made meself clear. My bro's a mechanic and says Peugeot's are not the most reliable cars and this is a very common fault on them. :)

Reaction score
All you need to do to find out which sensor is at fault is to have it plugged in to the fault diagnostics computer.

Our local garage charge £35 + VAT to do that, but you only pay the once so you can have it checked out as many times as you like for that price.

Pug probably charge double that each time.

Is it a 1.4 106 on the TU block? If so, its the same engine as mine, just with a smaller stroke.

Reaction score
crazylegs said:

Somethings amiss get it seen to before you come to a grinding halt down some pitch black deserted country lane in the middle of nowhere, where theres no mobile phone signal, its freezing cold and your on your own, and you hear wolf cries on the wind and the American werewolf in london movie is fresh in the back of your mind...Not a nice position to be stuck in...

Haven't scared you have I TriplexDread...:D

PMSL not quite mate. Amusing tho ;)

Its not an Airbag problem peeps It's and M reg car no airbags fitted. Cant afford £40 to get a test done that may not be conclusive either. No Chris its only a 1.1

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok, have you checked in the handbook to see what the light actually means ?

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
So, what is/was the problem? I have a Peugeot 306 (oldish one) and never had any problems with it - love it to bits :)

Love

Gabz xx

Reaction score
looked through haynes as i said in first post. There is nothing in there that gives any help concerning Dashboard error illumination at all that i can see

Reaction score
gabriella said:
I have a Peugeot 306 (oldish one) and never had any problems with it - love it to bits :)

Love

Gabz xx

OT but...
Ahoy there fellow 306 driver...

What one you got? I <3 the 306 :bow:

Ask a Question