Need HELP completely delting the Microsoft JVM which is uneeded

G

After running CW Shredder and getting rid of that CoolWebSearch I clicked on "How do I prevent this from happening again?" and it said to delete the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM). I clicked on the small button that brought me to the instruction guide on how to get rid of the JVM. I deleted the JVM file and rebooted my computer like it said, and then it said to delete these certain files which I cannot find.

\%systemroot%\java folder
java.pnf from the \%systemroot%\inf folder
jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%systemroot%\system32 folder

Could someone point me in the direction of these files so i may delete them? And does anyone know if this really will help with the CoolWebSearch?

T

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Knight said:
After running CW Shredder and getting rid of that CoolWebSearch I clicked on "How do I prevent this from happening again?" and it said to delete the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM). I clicked on the small button that brought me to the instruction guide on how to get rid of the JVM. I deleted the JVM file and rebooted my computer like it said, and then it said to delete these certain files which I cannot find.

Could someone point me in the direction of these files so i may delete them?
Hi

%systemroot% is the same as your Windows folder, normally C:\Windows

G

Knight said:

Could someone point me in the direction of these files so i may delete them? And does anyone know if this really will help with the CoolWebSearch?

Removing Java would be one wat another would be to install spywareblaster and configure your system like this
Go to control panel and open "internet options.
Click on the security tab then custom level.
make sure these settings are as follows.

Download signed active x controls>set to prompt
Download unsigned active x controls>set to disable
Initialize and script active x controls not marked as safe>set to disable
Run active x controls and pluggins>set to enable
Script active x controls marked safe for scripting>set to enable
Java permissions>set to high safety

Ask a Question