need advice

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Hey i need advie about crunching. I am going on holiday tomorrow morning for a weeka nd i am not sure if i should leave the computer on and crunching. I want to do the best for the team but i dont want to return to see the house as a pile of ashes. So what do you think, is it safe to leave it un supervised for a week???

thanks
chelseafc2005

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
Hey i need advie about crunching. I am going on holiday tomorrow morning for a weeka nd i am not sure if i should leave the computer on and crunching. I want to do the best for the team but i dont want to return to see the house as a pile of ashes. So what do you think, is it safe to leave it un supervised for a week???

thanks
chelseafc2005
oh you won't see the house in a pile of ashes, maybe a PC or two ... just kidding.

Ady has gone off for a week and left his on ... me, I'm confident also to leave mine on. ;)

However, we leave it entirely up to your own piece of mind ... if you want to turn them off, fine by us. :thumb:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok i will leave it on then so i will continue to crunch for the cause:thumb:now would it keep it much cooler if i took off the side panels whilst i am gone??

muckshifter

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
ok i will leave it on then so i will continue to crunch for the cause:thumb:now would it keep it much cooler if i took off the side panels whilst i am gone??
Side panels ... what are they?

Oh, 'ang on ... got a couple I use as plantpot drip trays ... :D

Again, you must know what your systems run like ... turn off the central heating, turn out the cat, put the dog in kennels, turn off the warter & gas ... err, how long you going for?

You do know I have not long had my "happy" pills ... any advice I give till 03.30am Friday is to be taken with a pinch of ...

laughingsmiley.gif

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Side panels ... what are they?

woops i mean the case panels the things on the side of the case

so would it be better if they were on or off the comp whilst i was gone?

Reaction score
Yeah what side panels???????

Mine are off on both cases at present, I frequently use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust and fibre accumulation. If you wanna leave them off yeah do so they will be fine as long as no pets go pee on them ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If in doubt, turn it off. I always do.

You'll enjoy your weekend a whole lot more not having to worry.

Don't get obsessive, just do the best you can.

Which means crunching whenever it's risk free.

Other appliances will be left on whilst you're away but while the risk of a computer running may cause a fire is greater than that of a fridge, for instance, there's still a risk.

So turn it off. Your efforts at crunching are apreciated and your heart is good.

So do as I say and relax :)

That's my POV, for what it's worth ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
woops i mean the case panels the things on the side of the case

so would it be better if they were on or off the comp whilst i was gone?
I know you ment side panels of the case ... ;)

Do as Floppy says ... turn 'em off and enjoy yourself ... we'll still be here when you get back. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I turn mine off if its more than a weekend too - don't like the thought of leaving anything on that I don't have to! (apart from fridge/freezer. :)

Have a good hol :D

Ask a Question