Need advice on Email Stripper

Carolyn

The web site can be found here:

The description says the following:
"emailStripper is a free program for cleaning the ">" and other formatting
characters out of your emails. It will restore "forwarded" or replied"
emails back to their original state so they're easier to read."

I noticed a hyperlink to this site on one of the emails that my mother sent
me. She frequently forwards joke emails that have numerous "<" in them and
they are badly in need of cleaning before I send them along, so I was
interested in a program that could do something like that.
Has anyone used Email Stripper that can give me a rundown on what it is and
how it works?
Thanks in advance,
Carolyn

dszady

The web site can be found here:

The description says the following:
"emailStripper is a free program for cleaning the ">" and other formatting
characters out of your emails. It will restore "forwarded" or replied"
emails back to their original state so they're easier to read."

I noticed a hyperlink to this site on one of the emails that my mother
sent me. She frequently forwards joke emails that have numerous "<" in
them and they are badly in need of cleaning before I send them along, so I
was interested in a program that could do something like that. Has anyone
used Email Stripper that can give me a rundown on what it is and how it
works?
Thanks in advance,
Carolyn

I used to use a program named email stripper and found it was just a easy
to do the following: Use the search and replace utility on a simple text
editor. Cut n' paste your text to the editor search for > and replace with
a space. Then Copy n' paste it back.

jo

Carolyn said:
The web site can be found here:

The description says the following:
"emailStripper is a free program for cleaning the ">" and other formatting
characters out of your emails. It will restore "forwarded" or replied"
emails back to their original state so they're easier to read."

I noticed a hyperlink to this site on one of the emails that my mother sent
me. She frequently forwards joke emails that have numerous "<" in them and
they are badly in need of cleaning before I send them along, so I was
interested in a program that could do something like that.
Has anyone used Email Stripper that can give me a rundown on what it is and
how it works?

166kb zipped download containing single, 171kb, standalone exe file.
No install.
Copy text to clean to clipboard, launch app, press the 'paste' button,
press the 'strip it' button, press the copy button. Now paste the
cleaned text wherever you want.
Very simple. Note it puts the following ad at the bottom of cleaned
text:

Ron May

Message-ID said:
The web site can be found here:

The description says the following:
"emailStripper is a free program for cleaning the ">" and other formatting
characters out of your emails. It will restore "forwarded" or replied"
emails back to their original state so they're easier to read."

I noticed a hyperlink to this site on one of the emails that my mother sent
me. She frequently forwards joke emails that have numerous "<" in them and
they are badly in need of cleaning before I send them along, so I was
interested in a program that could do something like that.
Has anyone used Email Stripper that can give me a rundown on what it is and
how it works?
Thanks in advance,
Carolyn

Another poster (jo) gave you a direct answer, and there are other
similar tools for reformatting text, but I think Note Tab Light, a
freeware "swiss army knife" type text editor found at:

http://www.notetab.com/

outperforms most of those single purpose apps and is a lot more
versatile. It not only "quotes" and "unquotes" but does things like
"join lines," "split lines," "indent (increase/decrease)," etc. You
can customize the toolbar to perform those type actions with the push
of a button. You can also set up one of the tabbed windows as a
"pasteboard" so you can go through large or multiple documents and
selectively snip portions of text into a single document.

Perhaps a bit of overkill for your stated use, but if you do a LOT of
reformatting, it's worth looking at.

Ron M.

Chrissy Cruiser

Carolyn wrote:

...and I need advice on a Femail stripper! :)

They aren't attracted to men who have their hands in their pants all the
time.

So remove yours.

Carolyn

jo said:
166kb zipped download containing single, 171kb, standalone exe file.
No install.
Copy text to clean to clipboard, launch app, press the 'paste' button,
press the 'strip it' button, press the copy button. Now paste the
cleaned text wherever you want.
Very simple. Note it puts the following ad at the bottom of cleaned
text:

Thanks for your description of how emailstripper works. When you said that
it was a standalone exe file, I was encouraged to try it out. It works
great. Thanks so much for your reply.
My mother is 75 years old and is forwarding me joke emails from her MSN TV
that seem to have gone through at least ten other people before they get to
me.
This program did a great job of cleaning everything up. It is just what I
was looking for.
Carolyn

Carolyn

Ron May said:
Another poster (jo) gave you a direct answer, and there are other
similar tools for reformatting text, but I think Note Tab Light, a
freeware "swiss army knife" type text editor found at:

http://www.notetab.com/

outperforms most of those single purpose apps and is a lot more
versatile. It not only "quotes" and "unquotes" but does things like
"join lines," "split lines," "indent (increase/decrease)," etc. You
can customize the toolbar to perform those type actions with the push
of a button. You can also set up one of the tabbed windows as a
"pasteboard" so you can go through large or multiple documents and
selectively snip portions of text into a single document.

Perhaps a bit of overkill for your stated use, but if you do a LOT of
reformatting, it's worth looking at.

Ron M.

Thanks for your suggestion Ron. I have been thinking about a notepad
replacement for about 4 years now and never had the guts to do something
about it. I think that I will also download the free version of notepad and
try it out. If I decide that I like it, I will probably go for the full
version.
Thanks for your help.
Carolyn

jo

Carolyn said:
My mother is 75 years old and is forwarding me joke emails from her MSN TV
that seem to have gone through at least ten other people before they get to
me.

Mums on the internet are a total liability. Mine is about 72 and is a
nightmare...