NDR and exchange

BT

Just called this morning for emergency at a new client. They have Exchange
5.5 sp3. Just started yesterday, all the clients cannot send E-Mail
outside. The setup was done by another person who will not work with them
any longer.

All internal E-Mail is ok and they are receiving E-Mail from outside. They
have DSL and a Proxy server. Using Outlook 2000 they are configured to use
Exchange, Internet Mail Service, and Personal folder. For delivery, the
Internet Mail Service is set first, and then Exchange Transport.

When I set delivery to the Exchange Mailbox they get the following message:

"No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient"

When I set delivery to the personal folder, the mail is sent successfully.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am stumped on this one.

Thanks

Jeryl

I would contact thier ISP, they may be blocking outbound port 25. Several ISP's are doing this now.

BT

Markus wrote in message
I would contact thier ISP, they may be blocking outbound port 25. Several
ISP's are doing this now.

If this is the case, then why would it work if the delivery location is a
personal folder and not the exchange mailbox. I am still at a loss.

Thanks

Jeryl

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

I believe you posted this question in one of the Exchange admin groups?
As I mentioned there, your config is unsupported (OL2000 with Exchange and
Internet Mail in the same profile). You need to make some changes....either
upgrade Outlook, set up separate profiles, or (best) host your domain's
e-mail on Exchange and get rid of the POP.