Navigation View

G

I am a relatively new user to FP. I have composed several pages using FP 2000, and modified older pages created directly in HTML. Although many are "published" on an active website, they are not in a "web" structure on my computer.

I need guidance on how to organize these various individual pages, each with multiple links, so that the FP Navigation and link views are functional.

I now also have FP2003

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Start by creating a web (File New Site - and select one of the Templates, or Empty/One Page web
Then File Import your other pages and associated files and create a Navigation View / Nav bars

--

| I am a relatively new user to FP. I have composed several pages using FP 2000, and modified older pages created directly in HTML.
Although many are "published" on an active website, they are not in a "web" structure on my computer.
|
| I need guidance on how to organize these various individual pages, each with multiple links, so that the FP Navigation and link
views are functional.
|
| I now also have FP2003

G

Stefan,
Thank you for the response, and information. I am now working in FP2003 and I did not have satisfactory results. I may need more detailed hand holding to resolve this issue.
First let me describe my current elements that make up my web site.
Within a folder on my computer I have 10 or so web pages. Certain images, icons and graphics are stored in separate folders of those names. The individual web pages reference those folders and individual items.

I created a NEW ONE PAGE WEB which revealed an IMAGES folder, and a PRIVATE folder as well as a INDEX page. All blank.

Then when going to file and selecting IMPORT I located the folder with all my elements. At this point there was no clear action step. Every item was individually visible, I was expecting to do group import, not individually.

I did import all, but I did not see any results. Hopefully this is enough information to guide me to a solution.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

In File Import you can select Folders or Files
- Select Folder and browse to your folder w/ all your 10 pages and web related files
In FP - Folder List you will see the folder you just imported (open any one of your htm files by double clicking it), or move the
folders around to arrange them as you wish

The index page is you new home page to which you want to link your other pages

For more detailed instructions see the Training at
http://office.microsoft.com/trainin...ID=CR061832701033&CTT=4&Origin=ES790000501033
or assistance at
http://office.microsoft.com/assista...at=CH790018031033&CTT=4&Origin=ES790000201033

--

| Stefan,
| Thank you for the response, and information. I am now working in FP2003 and I did not have satisfactory results. I may need
more detailed hand holding to resolve this issue.
| First let me describe my current elements that make up my web site.
| Within a folder on my computer I have 10 or so web pages. Certain images, icons and graphics are stored in separate folders of
those names. The individual web pages reference those folders and individual items.
|
| I created a NEW ONE PAGE WEB which revealed an IMAGES folder, and a PRIVATE folder as well as a INDEX page. All blank.
|
| Then when going to file and selecting IMPORT I located the folder with all my elements. At this point there was no clear action
step. Every item was individually visible, I was expecting to do group import, not individually.
|
| I did import all, but I did not see any results. Hopefully this is enough information to guide me to a solution.
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
|
| > Start by creating a web (File New Site - and select one of the Templates, or Empty/One Page web
| > Then File Import your other pages and associated files and create a Navigation View / Nav bars
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >
| >
| > | I am a relatively new user to FP. I have composed several pages using FP 2000, and modified older pages created directly in
HTML.
| > Although many are "published" on an active website, they are not in a "web" structure on my computer.
| > |
| > | I need guidance on how to organize these various individual pages, each with multiple links, so that the FP Navigation and
link
| > views are functional.
| > |
| > | I now also have FP2003
| >
| >
| >

Ask a Question