Navigation problems

P D Sterling

This is embarrassing to write, because I am the go-to guy in our office
for almost everything, and I have something I can't solve myself.

At home, I have Excel 2002, but at the office, I have Excel 2003. For
some unknown reason, I am having problems navigating my spreadsheets.

I am an old, old DOS veteran, who is used to keyboard shortcuts, and in
one, I am entering a series of values, with the cursor set to jump to
the right after each {enter}. At the last, I expect to hit {home} and go
to Column A.

Unfortunately, in this application, {home} seems to mean "go to upper
left hand corner of spreadsheet," and by trial and error, I find that
{control}{home} takes me to Column A. It is exactly the opposite at home
on Excel 2002.

Am I nuts? Is this a feature? Can it be changed? Any advice would be
gratefully appreciated.

regards,
P D Sterling

Jim Cone

P D Sterling,

Go to Tools | Options | Transition (tab)
Uncheck "Transition navigation keys"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

Jim said:
P D Sterling,

Go to Tools | Options | Transition (tab)
Uncheck "Transition navigation keys"

wow - that seems so simple - note: I hate taking over computers from
other people - there always seems to be so much to re-customize. many
thanks for posting!

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York