Navigation bar

M

Mike Cummins

BlankHi,

I created my web page, www.mcumminscpa.com in FP2000 five or six years ago. When the site was created the navigation bar was on all home and parent pages. When I republished the site today I noticed the home page did not update. The home page does not show the navigation bar and the email link doesn't work (says the email client isn't properly installed - outlook express).

The navigation bar shows on the home page in normal and preview modes but not on the web. The preview mode contains a note saying .."some elements of this page need to be saved or published." But nothing changes after I save and publish. I realize this probably isn't that hard, but I can't seem to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mc

R

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

BlankFor starters looks like you have two home pages; index.htm and index.html your server requires one the other one is not needed and will just get you confused. Look in your folder view and see which one has the little house icon thats the home page you should keep.

Hi,

I created my web page, www.mcumminscpa.com in FP2000 five or six years ago. When the site was created the navigation bar was on all home and parent pages. When I republished the site today I noticed the home page did not update. The home page does not show the navigation bar and the email link doesn't work (says the email client isn't properly installed - outlook express).

The navigation bar shows on the home page in normal and preview modes but not on the web. The preview mode contains a note saying .."some elements of this page need to be saved or published." But nothing changes after I save and publish. I realize this probably isn't that hard, but I can't seem to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mc

S

Stefan B Rusynko

You don't just Pick one
(obviously the home page icon is wrong on the user's local site)
(and neither index.htm or index.htm are valid home pages for that hosted site)
Looks like the correct home page file name for that server is default.htm
See http://www.mcumminscpa.com/default.htm
- rename the file w/ the home page icon to default.htm
- delete the 2 index files and republish

--

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

BlankFor starters looks like you have two home pages; index.htm and index.html your server requires one the other one is not needed
and will just get you confused. Look in your folder view and see which one has the little house icon thats the home page you should
keep.

Hi,

I created my web page, www.mcumminscpa.com in FP2000 five or six years ago. When the site was created the navigation bar was on
all home and parent pages. When I republished the site today I noticed the home page did not update. The home page does not show
the navigation bar and the email link doesn't work (says the email client isn't properly installed - outlook express).

The navigation bar shows on the home page in normal and preview modes but not on the web. The preview mode contains a note saying
..."some elements of this page need to be saved or published." But nothing changes after I save and publish. I realize this
probably isn't that hard, but I can't seem to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mc

Ask a Question