Navigate (move around) on slide

Is there a way to move around on a slide when zoomed in to a high percentage
other than using the scroll bars. I'm looking for a "hand" like in Adobe
where you can hold down the space bar, click, and drag mouse to move artboard
within the window?

TAJ Simmons

There's no hand in powerpoint like the one used by adobe products.

One trick to zoom into a particular place, is to select an object before
changing the zoom amount.

if there is no object there, draw a quick rectangle, then ppt will zoom into
that object when you change the zoom percentage.

cheers

TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints, tips and more...

"LT" <LT@discu
ssions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

Sounds like a good idea, but I would like to be able to move around while
already zoomed in.

Steve Rindsberg

Sounds like a good idea, but I would like to be able to move around while
already zoomed in.

Me too, but the feature's just not available in PPT.

There's a free add-in that has a couple handy zoom tools ... easier to use than
PPT's own. One zooms in by a percentage every time you click, another zooms out
the same way, a third zooms to Fit To Slide in one click. Saves me a lot of time
(that's why I wrote it <g>). http://www.pptools.com/starterset/

I found another way to zoom without addons. Hold down the Control Key while
rolling the wheel on the mouse. Still haven't found a way to move around on
the slide once zoomed in, though.

Steve Rindsberg

I found another way to zoom without addons. Hold down the Control Key while
rolling the wheel on the mouse.

[DopeSlapToForehead] Yes, of course. Thanks for the reminder.