mouse wheel scrolling slide itself - not between slides

John Smith

Hi, i have an issue with some powerpoint slides. I am finding that when I
use the mouse scroll wheel, it scrolls through the slides, but with some
slides it actually moves the slide itself. So scrolling on the problematic
slide itself moves the slide up/down instead of moving to the next slide. It
only moves to the next slide when you scroll a sufficient number of times.

There must be something miscofigured in the powerpoint itself, and I can't
figure it out. All slides are the same size.

Any help appreciated.

JS

David Marcovitz

Hi, i have an issue with some powerpoint slides. I am finding that when I
use the mouse scroll wheel, it scrolls through the slides, but with some
slides it actually moves the slide itself. So scrolling on the problematic
slide itself moves the slide up/down instead of moving to the next slide. It
only moves to the next slide when you scroll a sufficient number of times.

There must be something miscofigured in the powerpoint itself, and I can't
figure it out. All slides are the same size.

Any help appreciated.

JS

There is probably something off the viewable area of the slide that is
causing PowerPoint to require some scrolling. Try zooming out to see if
anything is out there. Alternatively, click on an object in the slide and
keep hitting TAB to select each object on the slide. Eventually, you should
get to an object that is off the slide. If it is not needed, delete it. If
it is needed, either put up with it or move it to the viewable area of the
slide (possibly behind something else so you can't see it).
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

John Wilson

Most likely cause John is an object placed well off the slide. Maybe it has
no fill / line and cannot be seen. Zoom right out and hit ctrl A see if
anything shows up.

John Smith

Thanks for the help. That is most likely the problem - object extends beyond
the slide.

Cheers

Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know this is an old issue, but I had this problem too and none of the solutions above quite worked since I had no visible objects off screen.

My problem was that my bulleted text boxes had lots of hidden white space at the end of it that would go off the slide. If you have this problem, hit delete a few times at the end of your text boxes.

Also be sure you zoom out enough (you can also click the little icon in the bottom left part of the screen "Fit slide to current window")

Thanks for the help. That is most likely the problem - object extends beyond
the slide.

Cheers

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Most likely cause John is an object placed well off the slide. Maybe it
> has
> no fill / line and cannot be seen. Zoom right out and hit ctrl A see if
> anything shows up.
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>

> "John Smith" wrote:
>
>> Hi, i have an issue with some powerpoint slides. I am finding that when I
>> use the mouse scroll wheel, it scrolls through the slides, but with some
>> slides it actually moves the slide itself. So scrolling on the
>> problematic
>> slide itself moves the slide up/down instead of moving to the next slide.
>> It
>> only moves to the next slide when you scroll a sufficient number of
>> times.
>>
>> There must be something miscofigured in the powerpoint itself, and I
>> can't
>> figure it out. All slides are the same size.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> JS

Last edited: