Naughty Boy !!

Reaction score
I didn't know that this is an offical offence.

very interesting, I had my suspicions recently about someone hacking into my wireless connection I should have dialed 999!

sol

Reaction score
Rush said:
Whose been a naughty boy then !!!, ever wondered why your internet connection runs slowly ?? it might be this guy :mad:

Naughty Boy

so thats why mine is always running slow-best go do a check on the neighbours then :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Scotland Yard said that when questioned the man said that he was using the unsecured wireless internet connection of a nearby house.

He's obviously a very intelligent guy then...:D

Reaction score
People take water out of reservoirs without asking the waterboard dont they?

Secure ya network!!

Reaction score
Certainly is...

The Communications Act 2003 is clear with regards to the prohibition, as it establishes an offence of up to five years for dishonestly obtaining electronic communications services. Section 125 reads:

"(1) A person who-
(a) dishonestly obtains an electronic communications service, and
(b) does so with intent to avoid payment of a charge applicable to the provision of that service,
is guilty of an offence."

Reaction score
Basiccally the Points to prove for theft are: dishonestly appropriate property beloginging to another with intent to permanently deprive...

In this case the guy was permanently depriving the subscriber of some of the monthly useage limit, though the offence would come under the above act it follows similar points.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
How was he caught ??? did someones signal reduce and they looked out the window to see someone leeching on their signal or was it a set up to give out a message that this kind of activity is illegal !!!!

Reaction score
Believe a couple of PCSO's foud him sitting outside someones house with a laptop or something like that...

Reaction score
To be honest the morons that left their signal open are the ones that should be jailed.

Ask a Question