My laptop Hard drive just what is this one?

Reaction score

DSC04213.jpg

Does anyone know how I can connect this up to my PC to back up my files from it?

It says SATA on the drive but the pins don't fit a normal SATA connector. I thought it was a SAS (serial attached SCSI) but it isn't that either.

Anyone got any ideas? I am tearing out my hair here...

Reaction score
It looks like it is a female sata connector on my HDD normally they are male connectors.
Neither power nor SATA standard fits any of these.

Reaction score
Apparently its out of a HP pavillion laptop. I'm not sure why they have adapted the connection though

Hmmmm

Never seen female SATA

Are they both female at each end of the cable?

Reaction score
okay mate thanks thing is sorted

I had to remove that adapter and underneath was SATA I know very well
just about to plug it into my PC now...

cheers
:)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Thank god I still got my files on the drive phewwww

What was up with it..? Did the laptop give up...or is this the one you were asking me about a few months back..???

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:

What was up with it..? Did the laptop give up...or is this the one you were asking me about a few months back..???

Correct this was the one that used to turn off I thought it was over heating.

I opened it up and it never gave me a POST again. Damn thing is dead think I damaged the main board in some way.

I did manage to open it up properly with some friends helping me we didn't see much dust in any of the fans so I didn't understand why it kept powering off when it worked.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Correct this was the one that used to turn off I thought it was over heating.

I opened it up and it never gave me a POST again. Damn thing is dead think I damaged the main board in some way.

I did manage to open it up properly with some friends helping me we didn't see much dust in any of the fans so I didn't understand why it kept powering off when it worked.

Hard to say what it could be without testing the bored..Hope you got all the data off the drive..? Go get yersen an external USB case now for it and you have another spare USB drive..2.5" are handy to have..

Reaction score
Already got one I will probably keep this drive safe just in case I need to use it on my other laptop in the future.

Most of the data is copied over bloody heck some of the documents and pictures are bringing back memories not all of them are happy. :( Still new year new start and all.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Already got one I will probably keep this drive safe just in case I need to use it on my other laptop in the future.

Most of the data is copied over bloody heck some of the documents and pictures are bringing back memories not all of them are happy. :( Still new year new start and all.

I know exactly how you mean mate, found an old drive the other day and some of the stuff was really nice, some of it just cut me up..HArd explaining to the missus what I was so cut up about...I have about 7 otehr drives out of laptops which all have stuff on, after retriveving from the first one I have decided just to format the other and erase the data...

Reaction score
:) that is exactly what I am going to do get rid of the sad memories on the hard drive and leave them in my mind :)

Ask a Question