"My *** files are gone."

G

To all of the people posting about losing files on their machines, why don't you look at what MSAS is going to remove before you choose to remove it? I've seen posts about people losing their Favorites or their music files and I can't understand why they are confirming the files' removal and then complaining when they're gone. I'm not trying to start an argument and this post is not intended to offend anyone. It just seems like common sense to me that you would look at what you're deleting before you delete it.

B

Bill Sanderson

Did you happen to notice that commercial with the "easy button" during the
Super Bowl?

That's what people really want, and it is also what Microsoft would like to
be able to hand them--something where it is safe to say REMOVE IT ALL, and
the result will be an improvement in their computing experience.

So I count those issues as flaws in the program--even if perhaps they are
just flaws in the ability of the programmers to communicate with the users
what the effect of pushing that button will be.

I put a high value on ease of use and 'quietness.' I haven't found a
firewall better than the Windows firewall to put on my mother-in-law's
computer because she is in her upper 80's and doesn't need any messages or
popups to confuse her.

I removed the startup link for the active monitoring portion of Microsoft
Antispyware from her machine because I don't want it bugging her, even
though it would provide protection.

So I hear what you are saying, but I also think that there's some level of
loss of user data which should be avoidable, and hasn't been so far--and I
hope the behavior in those instances can be changed.
--
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.txt

To all of the people posting about losing files on their machines, why don't
you look at what MSAS is going to remove before you choose to remove it?
I've seen posts about people losing their Favorites or their music files and
I can't understand why they are confirming the files' removal and then
complaining when they're gone. I'm not trying to start an argument and this
post is not intended to offend anyone. It just seems like common sense to
me that you would look at what you're deleting before you delete it.

F

fella

well i would guess that when i ran the beta and the p2p came up it was quarantined....like 20 i ran the program...just hit next boom good to go...well yesterday i hit next and poof the files they are gone..........
To all of the people posting about losing files on their machines, why don't you look at what MSAS is going to remove before you choose to remove it? I've seen posts about people losing their Favorites or their music files and I can't understand why they are confirming the files' removal and then complaining when they're gone. I'm not trying to start an argument and this post is not intended to offend anyone. It just seems like common sense to me that you would look at what you're deleting before you delete it.

G

Boom and poof??? I'm leaning toward your files NOT being "magically" deleted.
well i would guess that when i ran the beta and the p2p came up it was quarantined....like 20 i ran the program...just hit next boom good to go...well yesterday i hit next and poof the files they are gone..........

Ask a Question