My e-mails are "converted" to attachments that i cant read

LarsJohan

Hi !
My old and new mail messages are "converted" into attachments. I can only
read them when i save them as a file and open the file outside windows mail.
it worked fine earlier what should i change so that it works again ?

Steve Cochran

Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the setting to read all messages in plain text is set. If so, try unchecking that.

steve

LarsJohan

Thank you , it worked.

Steve Cochran said:
Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the setting to read all messages
in plain text is set. If so, try unchecking that.

steve

LarsJohan

It worked yesterday. But when i started today it did not work again.
I did the following to solve it "Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the
setting to read all messages
in plain text is set. If so, try unchecking tha" I first cheched it and
did apply. and after that uncecked it and apply . Now it works again. :)

Could it be some virus program that is takeing care of me to much , I am
using Norton 360 3.0 ?
I can live with this but it feels strange.

Steve Cochran

You found the problem: Norton. It is extremely invasive and I would recommend uninstalling it completely and getting something much less invasive, such as Microsoft security essentials. See point 3 here also: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

steve

Rainald Taesler

Steve said:
You found the problem: Norton. It is extremely invasive and I would
recommend uninstalling it completely and getting something much less
invasive, such as Microsoft security essentials. See point 3 here
also: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Strange.
I for one have been using Norton AntiVirus since it first appeared back
in the DOS days. And I still have the latest version of Norton AV (and
only that <!>) in my system.

I can not remember, however, to have ever had problems with mail caused
by Norton AV.

Rainald

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You are either extremely lucky, or else you have Norton's email scanning disabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Gary said:
You are either extremely lucky, or else you have Norton's email
scanning disabled.

Seems to be the first alternative ;-)
Since mailscanning was available I always had scanning of *incoming*
mails activated abd disabled it for outgoing stuff.

Rainald