my computer wont work in administrator mode...no way to fix it?

G

When I sign on as an administrator, my computer will not work. It wont open ANY program. The mouse still works, as does the start menu when you click it, but when you click a program to open, it wont open, the little light on my CPU that tells me the computer is "thinking" wont even go on! I don't know what to do...I was thinking I would just do "System Restore" to a time when my computer was working, but that "Help" menu wont open!! The computer only works when I sign on a "Limited Access" account (which wont let me do system restore). Please help!

R

roger

Hi,

When I sign on as an administrator, my computer will not work. It wont open ANY program. The mouse still works, as does the start menu when you click it, but when you click a program to open, it wont open, the little light on my CPU that tells me the computer is "thinking" wont even go on! I don't know what to do...I was thinking I would just do "System Restore" to a time when my computer was working, but that "Help" menu wont open!! The computer only works when I sign on a "Limited Access" account (which wont let me do system restore). Please help!

Check this:
HOW TO: Start the System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;304449

Good luck

Ask a Question