Mwave search always fails

John Doe

I just decided to browse Mwave.com again. About six months ago, the
search function persistently gave an error.

.... Go to a category like mainboards.

.... Use the Advanced Search by FEATURES dialogue.

.... Sort by price.

Same as before, it gives an error every time I do that. I complained
and they replied but apparently couldn't figure out what I was
talking about. Oh well, time to delete the shortcut.

johns

Delete and recreate the shortcut. They change their
web page every month or so, and the old links don't
work. Also, about 2 years ago, their web page was
hijacked by the Ruskies .. who were pushing a trojan
to the customers .. stealing VISA, etc. Check for
that, because they are blocking it. The link to the
trojan was the AMD home page link, but it was
a clear hack on the Mwave site. I could see it. It
was sitting below the last line that should have
ended the web page. Told them. Web dude was
not amused.

johns

John Doe

johns said:
Delete and recreate the shortcut.

I already deleted the shortcut.
They change their web page every month or so, and the old links
don't work.

That's possible.

But I know how to get to their web site, johns, and I know how to
examine shortcut properties.

Have you tested the simple method I spelled out, or are you just
shooting from the hip?

.... Go to a category like mainboards.

.... Use the Advanced Search by FEATURES dialogue.

.... At the results page, click on Sort by price.

johns

No, I got in that way. No problem. ?? I've
always thought Mwave was slow as itch. Something
timeing out maybe ?

johns

JAD

if bullshit was gold you'd be a millionair.

Mwave was never hacked - visa's were never stolen - the search function
works fine - and the site is as fast as any other.
your treading on thin ice thats familiar to me,,,,careful what you preach.

John Doe

The troll might be right, maybe Mwave's search function fails here
because of my Windows/Internet settings, but it's easy to test and
has been true here since at least one Windows installation ago. Or
maybe JAD is careless as usual, and just shilling for Mwave.

Once again.

This is how it goes.

.... go to a category like mainboards

.... page down and use the Advanced Search by FEATURES dialogue

.... click on Sort by price

With more than one result, it gives an error every time I do that.

[ODBC error 0: (37000) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Line 9: Incorrect syntax near ','.]

From: "JAD" <kapasitor earthcharter.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: Mwave search always fails
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 08:31:05 -0700

if bullshit was gold you'd be a millionair.

Mwave was never hacked - visa's were never stolen - the search function
works fine - and the site is as fast as any other.
your treading on thin ice thats familiar to me,,,,careful what you preach.

John Doe

I have nothing against Mwave, the more good merchants the better.
I've never ordered from them and I have no reason to trash them.
More choice of merchants is desirable, I've heard others mention
that store, that's one reason I'm asking, to find out if something
is wrong here. I don't see what the problem might be here and I
don't recall running into the same sort of error on the Internet
before at any other online store.

hdrdtd

Hmmm. Just worked fine for me.....

Sorted by price, 193 items, most expensive (top of the list) $539.00, bottom
of the list, $24.00

From: "JAD" <kapasitor earthcharter.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 08:31:05 -0700

hdrdtd said:
Hmmm. Just worked fine for me.....

Sorted by price, 193 items, most expensive (top of the list) $539.00, bottom
of the list, $24.00

no surprise to me.......maybe mwave's anti-troll/bullshit detection software
works...
which would explain why certain people can't access the site properly. ;^)

From: "JAD" <kapasitor earthcharter.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 08:31:05 -0700

John Doe said:
The troll might be right, maybe Mwave's search function fails here
because of my Windows/Internet settings, but it's easy to test and
has been true here since at least one Windows installation ago. Or
maybe JAD is careless as usual, and just shilling for Mwave.

who asked you for verification? we all know its your POS rig

use some synonyms for 'troll' and 'shill'.... you've burned them out

johns

Where are you? Like I said, they were hacked offshore, and I
caught it. Security group here worked with them to clean it
up, and we caught the Ruskie server doing it, and the
Russian Police grabbed the server. That server was pushing
a keylogger to any Mwave customer who tried to access
the AMD link. Interesting trick, and Mwave was not the only
site hacked like that. It made the news about a week later
when everybody begin to see it and squawk. I run security
ware that watches for that, so I saw it early on. F-secure
saw it too, and F-secure gave me the ip-address of the
Russian server. See, I'm smarter than your average JAD :)

johns

JAD

johns said:
Where are you? Like I said, they were hacked offshore, and I
caught it. Security group here worked with them to clean it
up, and we caught the Ruskie server doing it, and the
Russian Police grabbed the server. That server was pushing
a keylogger to any Mwave customer who tried to access
the AMD link. Interesting trick, and Mwave was not the only
site hacked like that. It made the news about a week later
when everybody begin to see it and squawk. I run security
ware that watches for that, so I saw it early on. F-secure
saw it too, and F-secure gave me the ip-address of the
Russian server. See, I'm smarter than your average JAD :)

johns

WHat?!!!!!!!!! NEVER HAPPENED.... where am I? about a mile from Mwave,
What news story?....the only people/person that mwave ever contacted and
took advice from was Steve at GRC, and it had nothing to do with your
story. And there are no 'Ruskies' anymore....give it a rest.....

John Doe

A not quite grown-up, oftentimes careless troll who at least
apparently has learned that kill files are useless if not
counterproductive.

From: "JAD" <kapasitor earthcharter.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:51:14 -0700

John Doe said:
The troll might be right, maybe Mwave's search function fails here
because of my Windows/Internet settings, but it's easy to test and
has been true here since at least one Windows installation ago. Or
maybe JAD is careless as usual, and just shilling for Mwave.

who asked you for verification? we all know its your POS rig

use some synonyms for 'troll' and 'shill'.... you've burned them out

H. Seldon

John said:
I just decided to browse Mwave.com again. About six months ago, the
search function persistently gave an error.

... Go to a category like mainboards.

... Use the Advanced Search by FEATURES dialogue.

... Sort by price.

Same as before, it gives an error every time I do that. I complained
and they replied but apparently couldn't figure out what I was
talking about. Oh well, time to delete the shortcut.
The problem is definitely yours. Nothing wrong with the site nor with
getting around when you get there.

John Doe

johns said:
Where are you? Like I said, they were hacked offshore, and I
caught it. Security group here worked with them to clean it
up, and we caught the Ruskie server doing it, and the
Russian Police grabbed the server. That server was pushing
a keylogger to any Mwave customer who tried to access
the AMD link. Interesting trick, and Mwave was not the only
site hacked like that. It made the news about a week later
when everybody begin to see it and squawk. I run security
ware that watches for that, so I saw it early on. F-secure
saw it too, and F-secure gave me the ip-address of the
Russian server. See, I'm smarter than your average JAD :)

johns

I've been doing lots of window shopping this last week. Yesterday I
was at Microstar International's web site and observed what appeared
to be some strange goings on, besides what appeared in the status
line to be dozens of pictures being downloaded that actually
weren't, seems I was wrongly redirected to another site. I do
frequent virus checks (just now did, I'm clean). Pressing the escape
key seemed to halt the problem, I put up with it because I really
needed to get an owner's manual from them.

Soon my "POS rig" that already does speech-recognition is going to
be majorly upgraded and I will be reinstalling everything again.
Maybe JAD the Mwave shill can remind me and I will try their web
site again.

I honestly don't see it on my side and I have no motive to bash
Mwave. And being very proficient with Windows, and not having seen
that error before, I seriously doubt it's on my side. I don't
install anything very unusual except maybe the (NaturallySpeaking)
speech-recognition that does heavily interoperate with Windows
usually in a very good way. I have vast experience manipulating
Windows/windows and I'm really impressed with their programming.

If Mwave's web site interacting with my speech recognition is the
problem, it's Mwave's problem. I haven't had any problem like that
on any other web site and I do a whole lots of window shopping.

Once again, here is the simple procedure that produces an error at
Mwave.com. You might have to experiment since apparently there are
circumstances in which it does not produce the error, for example
when there's only one search result.

.... go to a category like mainboards

.... page down and use the Advanced Search by FEATURES dialogue

.... when the search results appear, click on Sort by price

H. Seldon said:
The problem is definitely yours. Nothing wrong with the site nor
with getting around when you get there.

But you didn't try to explain the error message I've posted three
times so far.

[ODBC error 0: (37000) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Line 9: Incorrect syntax near ','.]

If I thought you were correct, my best lead would be
(NaturallySpeaking) speech-recognition. It interacts complexly with
programs like Internet Explorer. But the problem doesn't happen at
any other web site after lots and lots of use, aggressive use, and
it's not worth messing with beyond posting the error message.

H. Seldon

John said:
"H. Seldon" <hseldon0 lycos.com> wrote:

Man, the only thing I can tell you is that you are experiencing an SQL
Server Error. Hunting it down is a different ball of wax. Highly complex.

However, *if* you are running Vista, you have a major problem as Vista
does not support SQL (Structured Query Language).

Sorry I can't help further.

JAD

I connect from various computers...this one didn't have you killed...it will
and far from 'counter' productive dipstick.

anything that deletes your pointless questions and answers, along with
cleaning up about 100k of header posting, is very useful...it dumps the
garbage in 2 seconds.

good luck with those security settings.........maybe a remedial computer
course would help.

Listen for the kill.....

JAD

But you didn't try to explain the error message I've posted three
times so far.
error message:

Error: There is a loose nut behind your keyboard, tighten it or disregard it
all together.

John Doe

JAD said:
error message:

Error: There is a loose nut behind your keyboard, tighten it or
disregard it all together.

Who needs a keyboard when you've got speech.